Isaac update

Debbie

Original Poster
A big hello to my old WDW Magic friends. Currently we are under a mandatory evacuation in anticipation of Isaac making landfall over my parish--which is not protected by a levee. We are staying home though, along with alot of my neighbors. My reason is my mother being in the hospital; recovering from surgery for cancer and my father in law is in the same hospital 4 floors down. My home is at some of the highest elevations for this parish. If I do flood, everyone else will be under alot of water as they are way lower than me. We are ready and prepared to survive without crying for help. We have a plan in place. It's nervewracking....this is the first time I'm doing this without a husband. but my boys are now 20 (6'3) and 17 (6'1) and my father will be here too.
I know this is long but you guys supported me greatly through Katrina and I'll never forget it.

Deb

sweetpee_1993

Debbie! Y'all be careful! I know right where y'all are...hubby worked out at Monsanto from 1996-2005. Some of our closest friends are still there. We miss it in the worst way. We've lived so many places over the course of our lives and we always agree that of all the places we've been and lived, Louisiana felt most like home.

Good that y'all have a plan going. My boys are 14 & 16. The 16 year old is more like a 26 year old a lot of the time. If your boys are anything like mine they'll be taking excellent care of their momma. :p I've been watching this storm pretty intently, too. It's not looking like this storm will be all that bad coming in but then it doesn't take a whole heckuva lot for areas down there to flood. For me at least, it's the "when" with this one that rattles my nerves. Sometimes it seems like Katrina was a lifetime ago but then the emotions and all that are never far. My heart is with ya, girl. :)

I'll subscribe to this thread and keep coming back to check on y'all. Take care.

**edit**
What hospital is your mom & father-in-law in?

Nemo14

A big hello to my old WDW Magic friends. Currently we are under a mandatory evacuation in anticipation of Isaac making landfall over my parish--which is not protected by a levee. We are staying home though, along with alot of my neighbors. My reason is my mother being in the hospital; recovering from surgery for cancer and my father in law is in the same hospital 4 floors down. My home is at some of the highest elevations for this parish. If I do flood, everyone else will be under alot of water as they are way lower than me. We are ready and prepared to survive without crying for help. We have a plan in place. It's nervewracking....this is the first time I'm doing this without a husband. but my boys are now 20 (6'3) and 17 (6'1) and my father will be here too.
I know this is long but you guys supported me greatly through Katrina and I'll never forget it.

Deb

Debbie - know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay safe!

wiigirl

Stay safe!
75.gif

sweetpee_1993

Hubby just talked to our dearest friends in Des Allemands. They're going to evacuate even tho they didn't flood in Katrina. I know it's awful of me to even think about getting excited but I really do hope they come over here to stay with us! I miss them so much! Our other dear friends in Raceland are staying put. The Mrs. works at the hospital in Raceland so she'll have to report to work for the duration. They did a lot of upgrading to their house post-Katrina so I think they'll be alright. If nothing else they can live in the top floor of their new garage-mahal they built a few years ago. LOL!

The Mom

Premium Member
Stay safe, old friend. We are all older and wiser than when Katrina hit, so you should weather the storm just fine.

prberk

Deb

I remember that!!

I hope everything goes well this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Paul

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom