• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Is Trump Too Dumb to be President?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just a question because I am fascinated that anyone thinks the man is fit to lead anything, let alone the USA. And one of the biggest reasons is because I firmly believe he is flat out the dumbest man to hold that office in my lifetime.

What do y'all think? (Putting aside your own political leanings or biases and just judging on what he has displayed.)

I guess the next question is should candidates be made to go through some sort of mental health screening (can you imagine how both parties would demand to have members of their party do the tests?) or should anyone of any intellect and mental makeup be allowed such awesome power?

hakunamatata

Freedom!!!!
Premium Member
If we start having tests like that then the next thing you know you will have to be tested for mental competance to do other things, like maybe post on an interweb forum.

Lets Respect

Do I think he's dumb? If you mean a low IQ, no, absolutely not. He is probably gifted.

If we are talking about wisdom, that might be a different question.

I do think we need an age cap on who can run for office. We have a minimum, now we need a maximum. 65 would be a good cap in my opinion. It would have prevented Hillary and Donald from getting the nominations

HMF

I guess the next question is should candidates be made to go through some sort of mental health screening (can you imagine how both parties would demand to have members of their party do the tests?) or should anyone of any intellect and mental makeup be allowed such awesome power?
Well, I am a strong supporter of neurodiversity, That being said, In Trumps case he does not seem to have the mental strength to be in charge of anything let alone the nuclear codes.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Premium Member
Really not trying to be a jerk here. But my first thought after reading the above was that this sounds like something right out of a Nazi playbook. Mental health screenings? Sounds like, "Get rid of the 'impure' in our government."

Anyways, I am not really a fan of Trump but I would not confuse his bombastic personality and over the top rhetoric for stupidity. Most of what he says and does is intentional and for a specific purpose, whether you like it or not. Underestimating his intelligence and drive to succeed is one of the main reasons why he is now President.

HMF

Really not trying to be a jerk here. But my first thought after reading the above was that this sounds like something right out of a Nazi playbook. Mental health screenings? Sounds like, "Get rid of the 'impure' in our government.".
What Spirit is suggesting is not wiping out the mentally ill, Just preventing the mentally ill from becoming President. That being said that brings up a debate on what constitutes mental illness versus Neurodiversity and all that fun stuff.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
If we start having tests like that then the next thing you know you will have to be tested for mental competance to do other things, like maybe post on an interweb forum.
This is the right idea. I propose we start by issuing some sort of test in order to be able to pro-create. Selina Meyer said it best.

hakunamatata

Freedom!!!!
Premium Member
Really not trying to be a jerk here. But my first thought after reading the above was that this sounds like something right out of a Nazi playbook. Mental health screenings? Sounds like, "Get rid of the 'impure' in our government."

Anyways, I am not really a fan of Trump but I would not confuse his bombastic personality and over the top rhetoric for stupidity. Most of what he says and does is intentional and for a specific purpose, whether you like it or not. Underestimating his intelligence and drive to succeed is one of the main reasons why he is now President.
Yep. People have gotten too used to overly sensative career politicians that are only there to perpetuate the political class. Not used to someone who operates under a different playbook that doesnt include filtering everything through a PC lense.

hakunamatata

Freedom!!!!
Premium Member
What Spirit is suggesting is not wiping out the mentally ill, Just preventing the mentally ill from becoming President. That being said that brings up a debate on what constitutes mental illness versus Neurodiversity and all that fun stuff.
And just because you dont agree with someones position doesnt mean either or both are mentally ill or incapable of performing a set of tasks or duties.

HMF

And just because you dont agree with someones position doesnt mean either or both are mentally ill or incapable of performing a set of tasks or duties.
I personally would not trust a mentally ill person with the power of the Presidency but you would have to be very precise when defining what Mental illness is.

seascape

Just a question because I am fascinated that anyone thinks the man is fit to lead anything, let alone the USA. And one of the biggest reasons is because I firmly believe he is flat out the dumbest man to hold that office in my lifetime.

What do y'all think? (Putting aside your own political leanings or biases and just judging on what he has displayed.)

The only requirement to run for the Presidency is to be 35 and a naturalized American. He is qualified. Is he the smartest President we have had no. He is also the most unqualified person to ever be elected. However he and the second most unqualified person to be elected have ine thing in common, they ran againt and won against the most unpopular person to ever run, Hillary Clinton.

Top Bottom