Is Tom Sawyers island and the Steamboat a waste of land?

Shouild it stay the same or change it

• change it

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Leave it as it is

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Personally I think they should redue that whole area and add another Mt and have 3 Mt right there together. I think this land is very valuable and could be used better then what it is now. What do you think?

StarscreamLSU

The river boat is kind of relaxing - buyt Tom Sawyer Island is a waste. I mean, who really goes there other than kids wanting to make out? ;)

Ariel

I don't know, I kind of like them. They fit in with the whole Frontierland theme and provide a little respite from the crowds sometimes. Plus, there might be some ADULTS here that might like to go there and make out too....lol

The Mom

Premium Member
Both of my children like(ed) Tom Sawyer Island. They've changed the fort, however, so you can't fire at the riverboat with the air rifles anymore. My daughter always thought that was the best part! I guess it's not PC anymore.

sillyspook13

I love the riverboat. It's a relaxing ride with nice views, and you are allowed to take food on board! But it would be more fun if they had characters on there again.

"Half mark, mark one, mark twain, safe passing!":p

Sire_Bobbie

I think the riverboat is just great. It provides a great respite from the crowds and adds immeasuralby to the whole ambiance of frontierland.
:cool:

Nut4Disney

I don't really care for Tom Sawyer Island, but I'm sure kids really enjoy this. As far as the air rifles go, somehow (I don't see how) someone got hurt using one last year so they took them out.

M

Mr Lightbeer

We always have a great time on Tom Sayers Island our kids spend hours looking for baddies, Aunty Pollys provides a welcome relaxing break as its much quieter than any other food outlet in MK. The Steamboat was something we'd never really bothered about until our last trip to Disney, when we went on it for the first time, as we'd thought it would be boring. How wrong we were, we all really enjoyed it and will definitely do it ever time we go, from now on.:)

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by Ariel
I don't know, I kind of like them. They fit in with the whole Frontierland theme and provide a little respite from the crowds sometimes. Plus, there might be some ADULTS here that might like to go there and make out too....lol

You like to make out everywhere lol lmao

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by Ariel

You like to make out everywhere lol lmao

jay_london

Originally posted by JAY-ROD
Personally I think they should redue that whole area and add another Mt and have 3 Mt right there together. I think this land is very valuable and could be used better then what it is now. What do you think?

DOn't be bloody greedy the kids and I love this area of the park. There are enough fast rides across the wdw with more going in, these areas help to set wdw apart from other parks.

jay

Herbie53

Premium Member
If they wanted to put an e-ride on the island they would have to build a bridge. That would mean the boats couldn't run anymore, and I think it would ruin the atmosphere. Frontierland has enough mountains. Adventureland or Fantasyland (both really) could do with a mountain.

A little rehab couldn't hurt, just to freshen it up, but it should stay basically the same.

woofboy111

Originally posted by Nut4Disney
I don't really care for Tom Sawyer Island, but I'm sure kids really enjoy this. As far as the air rifles go, somehow (I don't see how) someone got hurt using one last year so they took them out.

I think some old lady was "shooting" the gun, and then she tripped or passed out or something like that with her finger still in the trigger. From the weight of her body, her finger got ripped off, and then they took them out. As for redoing these two things...the last time I had a Disney AP, I went to Tom Sayer Island once and rode the river boat one, just to get them done. I would be sort of sad if they redid these, but I wouldn't mind if they put the rumored Geyser Mountain on Tom Sayer Island.

Tramp

The Riverboat is nice....how many kids (and adults too) will ever get that close to a riverboat....and the ride is relaxing on a hot day.
Tom Sawyer's island is kewl for the kids...from what I've seen, they always seem to be having fun.
And what is all this about making out?.....Now I know I'm getting old!

markymark

I think it should stay as it is. I agree that it is important to have a place to be able to chill out. Plus I think a big e-ride would spoil the setting in and around Liberty Square. The sound of screams from Splah Mountain is fine, but I think the rumble of a coaster might spoil the astmosphere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom