IS THIS YOUR LAST TRIP?

HOW MANY ARE CONSIDERING YOUR NEXT TRIP TO BE YOUR LAST TRIP!?

• YES, This will be my last trip

• NO, I will continue to go and get sub-par quality

Results are only viewable after voting.

Weather_Lady

I love Disney World and we look eagerly forward to every trip (we now try to go once every 3 years), but I admit, I don't like what I'm reading on some of the blogs and message boards concerning the hugely negative effect of Disney's most recent round of cutbacks (whether attributable to Shanghai or not) on wait times in the parks -- attractions running at half-capacity even with moderate to high crowds, reduced park hours, Disney now selling "Extra Magic Hours"-style perks for ridiculous prices, etc. Our budget is tight and our visits are few, so time wasted by reduced operating hours and longer waits in line is a huge deal for us.

Nonetheless, I'm taking a "wait and see" approach viz a viz our planned trip in November. My sister and her family are traveling to WDW next week, and I want to see how they find it. If things are really that much worse, we'll consider canceling or postponing the November trip, or switching to Universal instead. The kids are old enough now to be interested in Harry Potter, so I think it would be an easy transition, and we'll get more bang for our buck... if the current cuts look like they're going to be temporary, however, or if the effect isn't as bad as the current reports indicate (or if we end up being eligible for free dining for the November trip, meaning our trip costs will be significantly reduced), we'll still go in November, and while we're there, we'll try to make an unbiased assessment of whether, while offering less and charging more, Disney is still able to give us an experience worth the price of admission. It's a question I never thought I'd ever have to ask, but there it is.

Last edited:

RobUK

Where's the 'I live in the UK and it costs a tonne to visit and do properly, so I will wait until I have kids and they are if an age to visit before I decide' option?

(And it'll be a yes as Avatar Land and all else will be ready by then)

Figmentation

I think the general consensus is, yes we are still going to go.
We're just going to go a lot less.

We typically try and go once a year, but with the price increases and cutback.. and the such. We're gonna start going every other year, or every 3 years instead.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Well isnt that nice, a two choice poll with options that are disagreeable at best. So if the OP has decided not to return, why bother with the FUD and not just go away ?

yaksplat

I'm taking a couple years off from Disney, although not due to the current offering. I'm just in the process of building a house. My kids love going to Disney, as do my wife and I. The only time I have any negative feelings about going is when I read these boards. I am looking forward to some new attractions that will be available by the next time that we book a trip.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I'm at a point in my life where I want to go to WDW as many times as I can during the year. I think some things have gotten worse, but the good far outweighs the bad right now. My next trip will probably be in July, and barring something going horribly wrong, I'll try to be back as soon as possible.

Susan Savia

Yes we will continue to go once or twice a year as we have since our first trip in 1984. The only special thing we do is attend the Halloween party every other year. Otherwise, we rarely eat in the parks, stay offsite, no tours or extras.

Goofyernmost

I answered that it will be my last trip for awhile, but, it has nothing to do with quality. The quality is still quite high. The idea that it isn't as high as it once was is debatable and subject to defining exactly what part is less quality. My reason is that they have priced me out now. I cannot afford to pay that much for admission. Well, I can afford it, but, at my age I must think of the future and how long I have to make my money last. It just hit the ceiling as far as I'm concerned. But, I will do other things that are a little more economical and more bang for the buck.

Glasgow

I think the general consensus is, yes we are still going to go.
We're just going to go a lot less.

We typically try and go once a year, but with the price increases and cutback.. and the such. We're gonna start going every other year, or every 3 years instead.
Same for us. Trip frequency will just decrease and UNI, among others, will start getting our vacation dollars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom