Is This The Real Life? Is This Just Fantasy? - All Aboard the Disney Fantasy 3/23/13-3/30/13

Hi everyone!! I'm back for one more trip report!! This time it's my journey on the Disney Fantasy. My family decided to cruise again with Disney (we cruised on the Magic in 2010) and they did not disappoint.

Our sail dates were March 23 - March 30th. We also stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge on the 30th since it was easier to fly back the next day. You can read about my 4 parks in one day solo adventure here.

disneyfan1995

Original Poster
Day 1: March 23, 2013 - Port Canaveral

We arrived to the cruise terminal around 11:00 AM and took in the glory that was the Disney Fantasy! It was huge and it looked phenomenal. I knew right away it was going to be a great week long voyage!

Lucky for us, we were able to board the ship right away. I think we spent a total of about 5 minutes in the cruise terminal. When we sailed on the Magic we had to wait over an hour, so that was a special treat. So with the limited time I had in the terminal I quick snapped a few pictures of the model of the boat and desperately wanted to see Captain Mickey, but no one else did... so we walked through the Mickey ears and before you knew it we were onboard the Fantasy!!

Walking into the atrium was one of the greatest feelings ever. Everything was so beautiful, especially the statue of Minnie and the huge chandelier hanging above us. So much detail was put into this ship and all of that hard work really pays off. One thing that I love about Disney’s ships is their attention to detail. It’s just phenomenal how much they care about that. I spotted Donald Duck up on deck 5, but instead we traveled up to deck 11 (with the rest of the ship) to hang out at the pool until our room was ready.

Of course the first thing I did was to head over to Luigi’s and Mater’s for some food. It hadn’t even been 5 minutes of being onboard yet and I already had 2 plates of food. Oh the joys of cruising and unlimited food!

For some reason we were given the earlier dining seating even though our cruise documents said we’d be on the later dining so our first order of business was to go change that! I went down to the Royal Palace with my mom so we could do that. While she was dealing with the dining issue, I walked around the restaurant and snapped some pictures of the mosaic murals of the princesses. I loved these!! So much detail was put into them, just absolutely incredible.

After we sorted out our dining issue, we walked down to the Animator’s Palate since it was on the same deck. I wanted to go in and look around, but unfortunately the doors were locked. I looked at the menu that they had out on display and everything there seemed like it would be so delicious!

disneyfan1995

Original Poster
There was still a little bit of time left until we could check out our room, so I headed down to see where the Enchanted Garden was (successfully found it!) and then went back up to the pool.

It wasn’t long until it was time to go down to see our room for the week. I paged the elevator and when it arrived Pluto steps off! How cool is that? I arrived at the room and took it all in before everyone else got there.

I arrived at the room and took it all in before everyone else got there. The room was a lot bigger than I was expecting (but not big enough)! I had the pull down bed in the corner by the port hole. Surprisingly, it was actually somewhat comfortable. Since this was our second cruise we were given a backpack with chip and dale cheese snacks and a DCL keychain since we are now members of the Castaway Club.

disneyfan1995

Original Poster
I left the room and decided to explore the ship since it wasn’t really worth it to go up to the pool and not have a chair to lounge in. My favorite part of the ship just has to be the atrium. It was the place to be before our dinner. I really liked the entertainment that they had. They often had live music with the “June Gypsies” and they were just stellar. I also enjoyed all the character meet and greet opportunities that were offered there. I did not go to Vibe since I wasn’t really interested in it to begin with and a lot of the teens in there seemed to be around 14-15 and were immature and loud. I wasn’t really interested in mixing with that so instead I took in all the adult opportunities onboard (other than drinking of course).

Before I knew it, it was time to head back to the room for the assembly station drill and then it was time to head up to deck 11 for the Sailing Away party! It was a lot of fun! After Sailing Away we went to change for dinner and then headed over to the Walt Disney Theatre for “A Fantasy Come True”. It was entertaining, but the show really didn’t have much of a purpose other than to introduce you to the ship. I still enjoyed it though!

After the show we decided to check out Mirror Mirror in the D Lounge. I did not like this at all. The highlight of it for me was seeing Dopey (one of my favorite characters). It was a nice time killer though. It was almost time for dinner, so we headed down to the atrium so we could go to the Royal Court. We were at table 100 and our dining team was Ronald (server), Sachin (assistant server), and Faisal (head server). They were all a great dining team and gave us excellent service throughout the entire cruise!!

For dinner, I did not get an appetizer, but for my entree I got the Baked Farm Raised chicken breast. It was stuffed with escargots, raisins, and pine nuts, served on rice and topped off with a red wine reduction. I am probably one of the most pickiest eaters ever so this was far out of my comfort zone, but I thought it was absolutely delicious! I am so glad I tried it! For desert, I had the Tahitian Vanilla Creme Brulee with an almond biscotti. It was also great! I didn’t really care for the biscotti though. Overall, it was a fantastic first meal onboard!

*I left the restaurant at one point during the meal and the atrium was empty so I snapped a quick picture on my phone*

After dinner I decided to hang out in the atrium and listen to the June Gypsies while I waited for Goofy to arrive. I hopped in line to see Goofy and then got to see Captain Mickey! The character meet and greets here were so organized and the lines were so short compared to what you would deal with at WDW (although there are only 3,999 other people onboard so).

It was getting somewhat late, so I went back to the room to change and then went up to the pool deck to get a few slices of pizza and to fill up my mug and then went back to the room for the evening. I ran into Nigel (Finding Nemo) along the way at Cabanas!

It was the beginning of a wonderful vacation. It was great that we had to leave our real life at home while we were in this fantasy life onboard!

sweetpee_1993

Oh I'm hanging on every detail! We'll be on the Fantasy next month! WooHOOO!!!! Can't wait to find out which itinerary you did: Eastern or Western. We're doing Western! :) Can't wait for MORE!

Tidbit

wow for a 17yr teenager?? (I assume your age from the 1995 in you name) you really do a great job on your trip reports!! I loved your solo trip to all 4 parks too!! I love how you can embrace your love of Disney and are not afraid to just jump in and be a "kid"!! It's also really great how you "hang" with the Characters too!! Don't stop!! You must teach my teenage boys tho!!! LOL!!

Also hanging on every word of your trip report & can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

disneyfan1995

Original Poster
Oh I'm hanging on every detail! We'll be on the Fantasy next month! WooHOOO!!!! Can't wait to find out which itinerary you did: Eastern or Western. We're doing Western! :) Can't wait for MORE!

Thanks for reading along!! It was a fantastic ship and a fantastic voyage, so I am sure you will love it!! I did the Eastern Itinerary B.

disneyfan1995

Original Poster
wow for a 17yr teenager?? (I assume your age from the 1995 in you name) you really do a great job on your trip reports!! I loved your solo trip to all 4 parks too!! I love how you can embrace your love of Disney and are not afraid to just jump in and be a "kid"!! It's also really great how you "hang" with the Characters too!! Don't stop!! You must teach my teenage boys tho!!! LOL!!

Also hanging on every word of your trip report & can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Thank you so much!! Yes, I am 17 - soon to be 18 though!

Disney has been such a huge part of my life (first visit was at 3 years old, so some of my first memories are Disney related)!

I've always loved the character interactions because it really helps you feel like a kid again. You can be carefree and not have to worry about any of the outside world once you're in Disney. The only downside is there were only a few characters who were taller than me. The rest were a lot shorter than me.

foreverbelle

Oh all these cruise reports are just another reminder that I must, simply must plan on taking one....can't wait to read more. The boat just looks amazing!!! What a sight to see when you first come in it looks like.

PolynesianPrincess

Sounds like an awesome first day onboard the ship!! :)

character interactions are also some of my favorite things to do at Disney. I love seeing them all in their different costumes and I can't WAIT to sail on the Dream in September with the rest of the WDWMagic girls for our girls cruise :) It will be my first one!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Great photos, wonderful narrative! The ship looks ginormous from the dock!!! The interior is amazing, especially the princess mosaics and the peacock-patterned floor in the atrium. Dinner looked pretty yummy, too.

disneyfan1995

Original Poster
Great job so far, can't wait to read more !!

Thanks! More should be up later on today!

Oh all these cruise reports are just another reminder that I must, simply must plan on taking one....can't wait to read more. The boat just looks amazing!!! What a sight to see when you first come in it looks like.

You definitely should plan on taking a Disney cruise! It's fantastic!!

Sounds like an awesome first day onboard the ship!! :)

character interactions are also some of my favorite things to do at Disney. I love seeing them all in their different costumes and I can't WAIT to sail on the Dream in September with the rest of the WDWMagic girls for our girls cruise :) It will be my first one!!

Very exciting! You will definitely have a lot of character interaction on the ship if you want. That sounds like an exciting trip!!

Great photos, wonderful narrative! The ship looks ginormous from the dock!!! The interior is amazing, especially the princess mosaics and the peacock-patterned floor in the atrium. Dinner looked pretty yummy, too.

Thank you!! The ship definitely was pretty big looking at it from the dock when were at port. Everything was lovely on board especially all of the detail everywhere. Dinner was delicious!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom