Is this the first year that they have offered free dining in December?

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
We are thinking about going next year before Christmas and need to know if this is something to watch out for, or is this something that was only done this year?:shrug:

Tiggerfanatic

No - I got a pin code for free dining last year. It came sometime in November, and I was able to apply it to my existing reservation for the 3rd week of December. Had to switch from the Tower to a Garden Suite, though. Ending up saving quite a chunk of change.

Mystic

It's the first time it was offered to the General Public. It can sometimes be offered as a pin code that Disney will randomly send out to guests via emails but I've never seen it offered to the general public at this time of year before and I've been going at this time of year for the past 8 years.

There is no guarantee that Disney will offer it at this time again next year.

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
That's great! We went in Sept on free dining for the very first time and I saw where they offered it for Dec. I am really wanting to plan a trip for next Dec and I am working on a budget now. I know it's not something that I can count on, but it would help with the cost of the trip. :ROFLOL:

Does anyone know the dates that they have offered it in the past?

lighteningqueen

Never got one or they offered one.We have been the last 2 years and nothing, not even a pin code ever for anything. So when this came out I jumpedon it. It has saved us 720.00. I would not be going this year if it had not come out. I would just like a pin code for something just once.

g maw

Never got one or they offered one.We have been the last 2 years and nothing, not even a pin code ever for anything. So when this came out I jumpedon it. It has saved us 720.00. I would not be going this year if it had not come out. I would just like a pin code for something just once.

Had my trip booked when I received a pin code in my sons name. Called and told them I had a pin code and they applied it to my trip. Son no longer lives at home but they never asked who's name was on the mailing. This is my 15th trip to Disney and I have never personally received a pin code. Here's hoping we get one for next year.

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
Had my trip booked when I received a pin code in my sons name. Called and told them I had a pin code and they applied it to my trip. Son no longer lives at home but they never asked who's name was on the mailing. This is my 15th trip to Disney and I have never personally received a pin code. Here's hoping we get one for next year.

I never get them either but one came this week for my DH for this summer. It was room discounts for 30,35 & 40% off of your resort, starting with the values & working up to deluxe.

Mystic

Our travel agent said the rumor out there right now is that free dining won't be offered next year to the general public.

I was surprised that they offered it this December. We were originally booked on a pin code but we had gone in June and when they offered the free dining in December switched to Free Dining as we didn't have the money to be able to pay out of pocket for food for our December trip. We're hoping there's a decent bounceback when we're there. We want to book a trip for next December at the Poly.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Our travel agent said the rumor out there right now is that free dining won't be offered next year to the general public.

Its already offered for people in the uk from august through november for people staying at select resorts plus 47% off old key west and saratoga springs

Courtney1188

They didn't ask who's name was on it? Is that typical? I'm just wondering because my boyfriend's mom just received a pin code, and offered to let us use it, but obviously her name is on it, not his (although it is the same last name).

Mystic

They didn't ask who's name was on it? Is that typical? I'm just wondering because my boyfriend's mom just received a pin code, and offered to let us use it, but obviously her name is on it, not his (although it is the same last name).

That is not typical. When I originally applied my pin code to my upcoming trip, what the CM told me was that the person that received the pin code did not have to be the lead on the reservation (the person who's name the reservation is under) but their name MUST appear on the reservation. In other words, they MUST be one of the guests listed on the reservation. So reservation with the pin code could have had my mom as the lead person with the reservation in her name as long as my name appeared on the reservation to take advantage of the pin code.

bugsbunny

After 20+ trips of 7-12 days, I FINALLY got a PIN offer in the mail this summer. This was after I had already booked a trip last Feb for 10 days in December at POR. The PIN showed up in July or so via email and I was able to rebook at 20% off, but had to switch to CB. For that big a savings, it was a no brainer.

Then in a month or two ago, they were offering free dining during my trip dates. So I called and asked if I could add it to my package. Took about 2 minutes and now I had free dining.

WDW must be hurting becuase I see more and more people getting PIN offers and the free dining seems to be almost an automatic anymore. When the economy turns around, we shall see if that changes, but for now I probably saved $1000 on my December trip!

Courtney1188

That is not typical. When I originally applied my pin code to my upcoming trip, what the CM told me was that the person that received the pin code did not have to be the lead on the reservation (the person who's name the reservation is under) but their name MUST appear on the reservation. In other words, they MUST be one of the guests listed on the reservation. So reservation with the pin code could have had my mom as the lead person with the reservation in her name as long as my name appeared on the reservation to take advantage of the pin code.

Yep, I tried (figured it couldn't hurt to ask), but it didn't work. Despite the fact that I've been there many times and am signed up for like every Disney thing possible, I NEVER get a pin code.

Mystic

Yep, I tried (figured it couldn't hurt to ask), but it didn't work. Despite the fact that I've been there many times and am signed up for like every Disney thing possible, I NEVER get a pin code.

Last October was the first time I ever got a pin code, was good for dates all through 2009. Haven't gotten another one since. It's the luck of the draw.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom