Is this really a thing or is it April 1ST? Cabanas in the parks.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
They're $700 pop up tents. In TL. In the most well known theme park in the world. I would say the arguments are still in proportion.
I primarily meant the visuals and how obtrusive they are. They are dumb and ridiculous, but out of the way and don't really visually impact the area more than just a tiny bit.

The idea of Disney charging 700 dollars for a cheap tent is awful and I don't think many reactions on here to that are overreactions. But the way people talk about these, I was expecting them to be placed at the base of the astro orbiter and that you'd have to walk around them and past Vegas style neon advertisements to get to any of the rides. Not hardly visible and tucked away behind hedges.

Luxe

I primarily meant the visuals and how obtrusive they are. They are dumb and ridiculous, but out of the way and don't really visually impact the area more than just a tiny bit.

The idea of Disney charging 700 dollars for a cheap tent is awful and I don't think many reactions on here to that are overreactions. But the way people talk about these, I was expecting them to be placed at the base of the astro orbiter and that you'd have to walk around them and past Vegas style neon advertisements to get to any of the rides. Not hardly visible and tucked away behind hedges.
I see what you mean. I guess I'm more observant than most people because I find them pretty easy to spot. But I also notice when a garbage can is in a different spot so...

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Another site is reporting they'll be offered for a discount Jan 17 to Feb 17: only $499/day!

Not+surprised+_3e3394ec866826de6153b04b99d9a297.jpg

jlsHouston

I am absolutely wondering if this is one of those fake news kind of threads..We spent Thanksgiving at WDW, and I swear I was in Tomorrowland a half a dozen times , rode space at least 4 times during that week, did COP and People Mover too ...I just have no recollection of seeing cabanas in that area. How did I miss the eyesore?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am absolutely wondering if this is one of those fake news kind of threads..We spent Thanksgiving at WDW, and I swear I was in Tomorrowland a half a dozen times , rode space at least 4 times during that week, did COP and People Mover too ...I just have no recollection of seeing cabanas in that area. How did I miss the eyesore?

You weren't fueled by upcharge rage to go out of your way to find them?

jlsHouston

You weren't fueled by upcharge rage to go out of your way to find them?
LOLOL, I just saw this thread today! I think I missed the start of it since we left on the 18th and drove in and then I pretty much got allocated the 2 year old for the entire trip so I wasn't checking on this website much. And I confess I've kind of been trying to ignore what's happening at WDW...

Luxe

So they are real and they were up the week of Thanksgiving?
They are real.

By the way, I'm not questioning that you didn't notice them. I'm fully aware that lots of guests are focusing on other things or are too busy getting to their next FP to see them. I hope you had a great trip and I'm glad that you didn't have to see them!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
While they are visible from SM, People Mover, and BL entrances, it's easy to miss white canvas peeking out from behind greenery with even more white buildings in the background. From those areas you do not see full cabanas and think, "Ugh, how dreadful!" You're more likely to think it is a maintenance area for something that has to be fixed and turn a blind eye to it like one does to all the construction walls and all the infrastructure painted 'go away green.'

But if you go to the restrooms there or the face painting or the M&G area with Buzz, then it starts to become hard to miss.

jlsHouston

Not sure when they went up. but they were easily visible if standing at FP entrance to Space Mountain or from the TTA. I wish I could've NOT seen them.
LOL I'm kind of freaking that I didn't notice them. It was a good trip. Kind of underwhelming this year without the Osborne Lights. I really missed them.

rogerrabbitfan9

LOL I'm kind of freaking that I didn't notice them. It was a good trip. Kind of underwhelming this year without the Osborne Lights. I really missed them.

Went during Christmas. While I saw them there, I wouldn't call them noticeable by any means, and wouldn't blame any one for not recognizing what they were.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom