• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Is this not a rip off of Sorin’

Weather_Lady

Discussion of similar issues, with a previous similar ride system, below. The long and short of it is that as long as the other company changes a few things so it's not a copy of any patented design, they're on the right side of the law.

PiratesMansion

Off the top of my head, there have already been Soarin'-esque attractions operating in, off the top of my head, the Mall of America, Pigeon Forge, Seattle (Wings over Washington), and one in Vancouver, Canada.

I'm sure there are already many others.

"El Scorpion"

Duke of Sealand
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
No. This is a rip-off of Soarin'. In Central Florida. And they had no problem. Not bad actually. A lot of neat things over at Legoland.

1580428747808.png

"El Scorpion"

Duke of Sealand
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Here is the brochure for a very similar Soarin' ride system if anyone wants to buy ;)

Let's start a Crowdfunding round. I got a dollar-fifty. It can be a WDWMagic exclusive benefit we can place somewhere on 535 or Western Way just outside the gates. We can get @realBobChapek to operate the ride and sell tickets. Don't let him near the budget or make any operational decisions though.

Last edited by a moderator:

lazyboy97o

Benjamin_Nicholas

Premium Member
Dumbo rips off Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride

Justin Timberlake's hair ripped off a package of dry Ramen Noodles

Nara Dreamland Japsn (RIP) was a total rip of the original Disneyland

Shijingshan Park continues to rip off Disney with their own geodesic EPCOT dome and enchanted castle.

Suzhou Park does a mighty creepy rip of Disney's It's A Small World. (Everland in South Korea, too)

Ketchup is jealous of Sriracha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom