Is this doable?

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
We booked a last minute (at least for us it's last minute) trip for Nov. 30-Dec. 4 at Carribean Beach with the Passholder discount.:sohappy:
We are set to arrive at MCO at 5:02. The night we arrive is the only night we can do MVMCP because it is the only night we're there that we can get the Passholder rate.
My question is.....do you think this is doable? Will we be able to make it to MK by 7:00?
Thanks!

Nemo14

I seriously doubt that you can be there by 7. If your plane arrives on time and you're seated in the front seat so you get off the plane first and sprint to the ME bus, and it leaves as soon as you board, and if CBR is the first stop for the bus, and there's no line at check-in, and you run to your bus stop, and the MK bus comes immediately, then maybe you could be in MK by 7, but I wouldn't count on it.

Chef Mickey

Imposible to get to MK by 7. The fastest I've ever done it in 20+ times is probably 2 hrs, 10 minutes. Just the drive from the airport gets close to 50 minutes or so and you generally have to wait for the Magical Express. That said, you can still enjoy the party if you're a little late.

PeoplemoverTTA

If it's that important for you to make it by 7, and you're using DME, you could exit the plane, grab a cab and go directly to TTC. Then you could check in to your hotel after the party. As long as your flight is not delayed, you should definitely be able to do it.

Nemo14

If it's that important for you to make it by 7, and you're using DME, you could exit the plane, grab a cab and go directly to TTC. Then you could check in to your hotel after the party. As long as your flight is not delayed, you should definitely be able to do it.
but their luggage won't be transported unless they ride the bus, right?

PeoplemoverTTA

but their luggage won't be transported unless they ride the bus, right?

Hm, good question...I've gotten on busses where they don't scan my tickets (usually because they're too busy loading luggage) and my luggage arrived, but maybe calling DME can get clarification.

Nemo14

The official policy, set by the TSA I beleive, is that your luggage will not be transported unless someone in your party rides the ME bus. Peole have reported recently that they have been able to rent a car and still have their luggage there, but I don't think I would take the chance just to get to the Christmas party an hour earlier.

Also, if they don't check in to the hotel first, they would need to bring whatever they carried on the plane into the park with them.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
If all of the stars align perfectly for you, it's possible.

8:00 seems much more reasonable, though. I still think it's worth it- you'll still be able to see all of the parades, fireworks, and shows.

jlandis44

Obviously I don't know your exact situation, but from the quick research I did, it looks like the passholder discount is only about $4 per ticket. Personally, I wouldn't worry about that aspect and feel rushed, just to save $4 per ticket...I would set up a dinner at some Epcot restaurant, or at my hotel, and just schedule my MCMCP for another night where I wouldn't feel rushed...just a thought...

Missymoe4

Or, instead of taking ME, you can take a limo. For 50-65 bucks for your entire party, you'll be at the MK within an hour.

(I usually arrive at MCO around 9 am, and each year am sitting in my room within 45 mins to an hour of arriving at MCO. This timeframe includes picking up my luggage and a complementary stop at a grocery store. Happy Limo is a good company and well worth paying the money to do what you REALLY want to do vs. sitting on a bus...I know ME is free, which is nice, but I don't go to WDW to wait on a bus...even if it is free. I can do that in Chicago any old day of the week.)

sbkline

Or, instead of taking ME, you can take a limo. For 50-65 bucks for your entire party, you'll be at the MK within an hour.

(I usually arrive at MCO around 9 am, and each year am sitting in my room within 45 mins to an hour of arriving at MCO. This timeframe includes picking up my luggage and a complementary stop at a grocery store. Happy Limo is a good company and well worth paying the money to do what you REALLY want to do vs. sitting on a bus...I know ME is free, which is nice, but I don't go to WDW to wait on a bus...even if it is free. I can do that in Chicago any old day of the week.)

I've never been at Christmastime before, and I don't know for sure how much MMVMCP is, or how much the AP discount would be for it. But the problem I see with your scenario is that she pays 50-65 bucks in order to get an AP discount for the party. Would the AP discount for her entire party exceed the amount of money she would be spending on that limo ride? And if it does, would it exceed it by enough money to still make it worth it? If she is blowing the entire amount of that discount on the fee for the limo, then she may as well just take the Magical Express to the hotel, not get there in time and do the party some other night.

yensid67

...The night we arrive is the only night we can do MVMCP because it is the only night we're there that we can get the Passholder rate.

Pineapple,

Is it REALLY that important to get that discount? I would think going to Disney means you go to get away from all that kind of fast pace back home! I would go an enjoy your vacation, don't plan on ging to MVMCP that night because of time restraints, but if you get checked in and you have time then go, it will be an added bounus! Just my opinion and what I would do in order not to stress out over something like this!

Scuttle

Taking a cab would be another excellet option. If you are in a cab by 530-545 you will easily make it to your resort by 615-630 and then go straight to the bus station and hope you get there by 7. I could see it working.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My worst ever arrival at MCO - check-in time was under two hours. If everything aligns in your favour, you can be at your resort and checked in within an hour from landing [rare, but it has happened]. I've been checked in within an hour and forty-five minutes more often than not.

So it's doable, but there are no guarantees. As others have said, the AP discount isn't all that much, if you look at the "per hour" cost of the party, it might be better to book another night without the discount and be able to enjoy the whole party for sure. You'd also avoid a whole lot of stress on your arrival day wondering if you'll make it or panicking if your flight is delayed.

graphite1326

We booked a last minute (at least for us it's last minute) trip for Nov. 30-Dec. 4 at Carribean Beach with the Passholder discount.:sohappy:
We are set to arrive at MCO at 5:02. The night we arrive is the only night we can do MVMCP because it is the only night we're there that we can get the Passholder rate.
My question is.....do you think this is doable? Will we be able to make it to MK by 7:00?
Thanks!

OK I tried but can't figure it out. What does MVMVP stand for. I think the P is parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom