Is there WiFi anywhere on site?

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Maybe at McDonalds by the All-Stars?

Just wonderin' if it was worth bringing the laptop for movies on the plane or not.

Pioneer Hall

There is WiFi at a few of the hotels (convention ones mainly)...however it is not free. Also, every room on property now has a port for you to plug in to. That is also not free.

Rob562

The Sand Trap Bar and Grill at Osprey Ridge Golf Course has free Wifi. That is the only free spot that I know of.

Some parts of Wide World of Sports have WiFi that I believe is free. Not sure if the range extends out into the parking lot or not.

As for the on-site McDonalds, neither has WiFi (that's according to the McD website)

-Rob

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The only McDonald's that I know of that has free wifi close to WDW is the one at the cross roads just off property.

DisneyPhD

Big River Grill and Brewery did at one point. I don't know if they still do. I know some people that had rooms just above it overlooking the boardwalk could pick it up.

DisneyJunkie

I think it depends on which resort you're staying in and where it's located. When I stayed at the Boardwalk Villas a few years ago, I brought my work laptop with me (that has built-in wireless capability). The resort said you could pay for their internet access for $9.95 (or something like that) and I had no intention of giving them more money for that. So I took my laptop, turned on the wireless, and it picked up a signal from somewhere around the world, I think a Lake Buena Vista wi-fi signal and I was able to surf the internet that way, with no issues. You may be able to do the same.

DisneyPhD

I think it depends on which resort you're staying in and where it's located. When I stayed at the Boardwalk Villas a few years ago, I brought my work laptop with me (that has built-in wireless capability). The resort said you could pay for their internet access for $9.95 (or something like that) and I had no intention of giving them more money for that. So I took my laptop, turned on the wireless, and it picked up a signal from somewhere around the world, I think a Lake Buena Vista wi-fi signal and I was able to surf the internet that way, with no issues. You may be able to do the same.

You were probably picking up the signal from Big River Brewery and Grill on the Boardwalk.

I dont think there is any free WiFi on disney property. Its a bummer, I would love to bring a laptop and do updates at night back in the room to the forums here. 9.95 is a bit pricey....

mpaul32001

Personally, with my Ipod Touch, I have found FREE Wifi in different parts of Epcot, and specific areas of the Magic Kingdom such as Casey's Corner, and the Train Station. Just browse around, and I'm sure you'll find others! :wave:

Rayman

In the Parks
No
There is definitely free wifi at Wide World of Sports. I've seen the banners on the light poles. Just outside of property, the Buffalo Wild Wings at Crossroads has free wifi as well.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I dont think there is any free WiFi on disney property. Its a bummer, I would love to bring a laptop and do updates at night back in the room to the forums here. 9.95 is a bit pricey....
I've done that. If you stagger your on-line times you can cut the cost in half, the 9.95 is good for a full 24 hours. Sign on at 1130 one night, then 1030 the next and you can post two days' updates in one 24-hour period.

Of course $5/day is still pricey.... :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom