Is there something going on 12/3-12/5?

Schweino

Original Poster
I've been trying to navigate into a preferred room at Pop for our trip (11/27-12/5) and I can only get until 12/3. After that, it appears its booked and even AoA didn't have any regular rooms during those dates. I tried calling Disney and they pretty much told me there's nothing that can be done to get a preferred room those 2 nights. Just wondering if there was something going on that I didn't know about or if it's just people booking trips from their previous cancellations? I'll keep randomly checking WDW site but just kinda odd that the cheapest available room at the moment is CS. Pop Century is booked up it appears as well. TIA

nickys

Premium Member
I've been trying to navigate into a preferred room at Pop for our trip (11/27-12/5) and I can only get until 12/3. After that, it appears its booked and even AoA didn't have any regular rooms during those dates. I tried calling Disney and they pretty much told me there's nothing that can be done to get a preferred room those 2 nights. Just wondering if there was something going on that I didn't know about or if it's just people booking trips from their previous cancellations? I'll keep randomly checking WDW site but just kinda odd that the cheapest available room at the moment is CS. Pop Century is booked up it appears as well. TIA
I wonder if there’s a block on rooms for POP Warner week, which is usually held then. Pretty sure it’ll be cancelled and the rooms released, if so. Maybe just book the last two nights elsewhere and keep checking for a preferred room to show up. Or use Kingdom Konsultants, who will do that work for you (you can send a PM to @Kingdom Konsultant).

Schweino

Original Poster
I wonder if there’s a block on rooms for POP Warner week, which is usually held then. Pretty sure it’ll be cancelled and the rooms released, if so. Maybe just book the last two nights elsewhere and keep checking for a preferred room to show up. Or use Kingdom Konsultants, who will do that work for you (you can send a PM to @Kingdom Konsultant).
It looks like it is cancelled per the Pop Warner site at least for football. Can't find anything about cheer. Thanks for the call out though - that has to be it.

Schweino

Original Poster
Yes that's pretty accurate. I think Pop Warner football and its thousands of kids take over a number of resorts.
I have a small feeling that the rooms will be held until Q4 earnings then they get released to start Q1. I think technically they could 'pad' their numbers with the reservations/holdings. I am not a CFO though :)

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
OP, no reason for preferred at POP its a very easy resort to get around with plenty of different walkways so you're not filtered through certain paths like at AOA that make the walk longer.
Be happy you'll keep some money in your pocket.

Schweino

Original Poster
OP, no reason for preferred at POP its a very easy resort to get around with plenty of different walkways so you're not filtered through certain paths like at AOA that make the walk longer.
Be happy you'll keep some money in your pocket.
We were in the farthest building in the 50's section away from Classic Hall. While compared to other Disney resorts I know that isn't a horrible walk, but we still hated it after spending literally all day at the parks :)

Follow up - called Disney CS for the second time this morning just for giggles since I was awake. First call I didn't get anywhere with CS and they pretty much told me tough luck. This second time they were able to get us into a preferred room for our entire stay! That cast member got all 5's from me!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
We were in the farthest building in the 50's section away from Classic Hall. While compared to other Disney resorts I know that isn't a horrible walk, but we still hated it after spending literally all day at the parks :)

Follow up - called Disney CS for the second time this morning just for giggles since I was awake. First call I didn't get anywhere with CS and they pretty much told me tough luck. This second time they were able to get us into a preferred room for our entire stay! That cast member got all 5's from me!

See I absolutely love 50's section opposite of poolside because its nice and quiet and compared to other resorts its so easy to get around.

Schweino

Original Poster
See I absolutely love 50's section opposite of poolside because its nice and quiet and compared to other resorts its so easy to get around.
I think it was the fact we opened and closed the parks and our feet were already destroyed is why we didn't like being way out there. I would love to get a 60's room instead so requested that in the check in requests :)

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I think it was the fact we opened and closed the parks and our feet were already destroyed is why we didn't like being way out there. I would love to get a 60's room instead so requested that in the check in requests :)

We are also open to close and park hoppers. This is one of the reasons that we choose the standard room because we are not in the room long enough to justify the $20ish per night upcharge. If we were the type to go back to the resort for breaks it might be worth not having to walk as far.
But its all individual. Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom