Is There ANYTHING you Just Don't Like About Disney?

alissafalco

OK, the price isn't going to change.....so.....if I could complain about a couple things and hope they would change it would be flash photography and line cutters. I switched resorts to get away from the bus problems, which was in Disney's best interest because I went from staying at and enjoying PORS to the WL. I also went from spring/summer to September to get away from tour groups in general which was in my best interest because I now visit in the Value season.

Value season is the only time that I will go. Its just not enjoyable to go when its busy. We go every September, Oct. or Nov. :):)

alissafalco

Not taking care of the resort beaches/no swimming in the lakes. In 1999, the Poly beach was nice and I could swim in the lake. I turned out fine. Fast forward a decade, and the beach has lots of grass growing along the shoreline and I can't swim in the lake. Post warning signs, but don't ban .

I dont know how true this is but I read somewhere that there is a dangerous bacteria in the lake along with alligators. Even so, thats still no excuse not to keep the beach clean of over grown weeds/marsh.

Animaniac93-98

Star Wars, Toy Story, Pirates, there's plenty of stuff that would work for boys.

But Mickey, Pooh and Princesses is where the monies at, apparently. That's why I like 1900 Park Fare breakfast, at least with Mary, Alice and the Hatter there's something unique.

alissafalco

Star Wars, Toy Story, Pirates, there's plenty of stuff that would work for boys.

But Mickey, Pooh and Princesses is where the monies at, apparently. That's why I like 1900 Park Fare breakfast, at least with Mary, Alice and the Hatter there's something unique.

There's no doubt in my mind that if they had a star wars charachter meal that thats where the money would be at also!! For sure!!

pluto1964

I know that kids should have fun while visiting. However..............
Some parents just let their kids do whatever they want.
So... my response is
Parents who do not mind their kids. Swinging on ropes and chains in queues is one that bothers me.
i completely agree! some parents just don't watch their kids. Plain and simple. So many kids cut in line-they race into the queue, and then cut in front of people-which then in return-makes the parents chase after them- and then THEY CUT IN LINE!!!!! Soo not fair!

pluto1964

i completely agree! some parents just don't watch their kids. Plain and simple. So many kids cut in line-they race into the queue, and then cut in front of people-which then in return-makes the parents chase after them- and then THEY CUT IN LINE!!!!! Soo not fair!
Plus the buses are just annoying- especially at opening and closing. you get jammed onto the buses-while you were waiting at least a half hour- maybe more- it just all adds up. plus almost everyone is exhausted from the day so some people can be a bit "rude" :eek:

TinkerBelle8878

The ticketing system. Everything is extra. It was a much better value when Park Hopping and No expiration weren't perks that were a la carte. That was magic 'our' way. This is magic 'Disney's beancounters' way.

Everything previously said about the buses is all true. Its dangerous. Either get more seats on the buses (some kind of double decker), have more buses, or find a different transportation system.

71dsp

^^ The ride, the show, or the movie? Can't say that I dislike any of them, but everyone has their own opinions. I thought the show was actually quite good the last time we went! :)

Motorpro

I know I am going to blasted for this but I can't stand "fast Passes". Do I use them? yes (the system forces you into it). Before fast passes everyone stood in the same line and never complained. Now people stuck in line complain,other people run from 1 side of the park to other inorder to use a pass. It is suppose to be a vacation not the D day invation.

paul436

I don't think there is anything I don't like about Disney World. Sure, I occassionally cross paths with a another guest who I find to be rude but that's not something within WDW's control. I love just showing up and letting the magic wash over me.

(Yes, I have drunk too much of the Kool-Aid)

Patricia Melton

In general, I choose to focus on the things I LIKE about something. I've learned that life is so very short and there is no time to waste on being negative. I have a personal story in that in the fact that my father was a very negative man who passed away close to 20 years ago now. I am very sorry to say that when I think of him, I can only think of him grumbling or arguing with people. I have to strain to think of him laughing or being cheerful. It's like rainclouds followed him everywhere he went. That's the memory I have of him, unfortunately.

So I made it a point to be mindful of this in interacting with my own kids, and with pretty much everyone in my life. I try to dwell on the positive because I don't want people remembering me as a complainer or an Eeyore later on.

I do, however, think just about everything could be improved and that feedback is a great thing that helps companies. Here are five things I think Disney could do that would improve the experience at WDW:

* Find a better way to handle strollers. I don't know what that is, but the current situation where strollers often block paths is not good. I don't remember there being as many strollers when my kids were young. I'm curious what happened because it doesn't seem like there are more children in the parks now. If I had to guess, it's that people are keeping the strollers with their child longer. When my son and daughter were old enough to walk and could reliably be counted on doing so, we put the stroller in the closet (and gave it away when my son was too old for it as he was our last child). Nowadays, I think lazy people enjoy having the stroller to wheel around and fill with snacks and things they buy in stores. They use it as a shopping cart.

* Bring back the attraction and "land" specific unique merchandise. Another thread got me thinking about this, but I have not bought any souvenirs in the parks for the last three or four years. I still buy postcards and I collect magnets so I get a new one every time, but when my kids were young we'd collect something from every attraction and every "land". It was fun to go to Frontierland and see mugs and shirts and little things that were just Frontierland themed...or to find Haunted Mansion stuff by the Haunted Mansion...or Jungle Cruise and Adventureland gear over there. Now, it's all that "One Disney" stuff that I could buy at the Disney Store at the mall or online. What's the fun in that? I really think that Disney loses about $300 each trip my family takes by no longer carrying the attraction specific and unique merchandise it once did. This is just foolish in my opinion.

* Put obscure characters in the parks walking around. I'm actually one of those people who like the Meet & Greet locations. When my son and daughter were young, I would frantically try to find characters to have pictures with before the meet and greets were permanent things. I just hated the stress that put on me as a mom because I would feel like their whole vacation would be ruined if I didn't get a picture of them with Mickey or Minnie or whomever. So I like being able to take my niece and nephew to a meet and greet and have no worries about getting those pictures. That said, I think it would be fun as an added "bonus" experience to have obscure and oddball characters wandering the park more. No one is expecting to see these characters, so they are a total surprise to encounter. Would really create some magical memories.

* Create "residents" of each land to interact with guests. How to explain this? But you know how they have the residents of Buena Vista Street in DCA? I'd love to see face characters not based on movies who walk around each land like they live there. In Adventureland, it could be characters from the Adventurer's Club. In Tomorrowland, it could be people in space suits like they are hurrying to catch a space cruise to somewhere. In Fantasyland, it could be people who live and work in the castle. On Main Street, it could be people who have business in the shops above the street. Frontierland could have cowboys or people who just moved to the West. This would really enhance the experience, to see these great costumes walking around and have these characters to talk to. I'm sure there are many talented young theater majors from around the country who would be great at such improv.

* Create at least one "Must Try" food item in each land that is unique and only found at MK. The first thing I put in my mouth at MK is a Dole Whip, and I get it as soon as I can each trip. Love those things, and love that once I leave the park I have to wait a year until my next trip there to have another one. But what else is in the parks that I can only get there? Adventureland has the Dole Whip. It would be great if Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, and Main Street all had a signature item that was delicious, unique, and only found there. One could be a sandwich, one could be a snack, etc. This way, you could make a whole meal based off these special items in each land. It would be fun to go from one to another for the different courses like a dinner party held in a different person's house for each course. I'd love it!

What are some constructive things that YOU would want to see at MK in particular that would improve or enhance the experience?

Tom

Beta Return
In general, I choose to focus on the things I LIKE about something. I've learned that life is so very short and there is no time to waste on being negative. I have a personal story in that in the fact that my father was a very negative man who passed away close to 20 years ago now. I am very sorry to say that when I think of him, I can only think of him grumbling or arguing with people. I have to strain to think of him laughing or being cheerful. It's like rainclouds followed him everywhere he went. That's the memory I have of him, unfortunately.

So I made it a point to be mindful of this in interacting with my own kids, and with pretty much everyone in my life. I try to dwell on the positive because I don't want people remembering me as a complainer or an Eeyore later on.

I do, however, think just about everything could be improved and that feedback is a great thing that helps companies. Here are five things I think Disney could do that would improve the experience at WDW:

* Find a better way to handle strollers. I don't know what that is, but the current situation where strollers often block paths is not good. I don't remember there being as many strollers when my kids were young. I'm curious what happened because it doesn't seem like there are more children in the parks now. If I had to guess, it's that people are keeping the strollers with their child longer. When my son and daughter were old enough to walk and could reliably be counted on doing so, we put the stroller in the closet (and gave it away when my son was too old for it as he was our last child). Nowadays, I think lazy people enjoy having the stroller to wheel around and fill with snacks and things they buy in stores. They use it as a shopping cart.

* Bring back the attraction and "land" specific unique merchandise. Another thread got me thinking about this, but I have not bought any souvenirs in the parks for the last three or four years. I still buy postcards and I collect magnets so I get a new one every time, but when my kids were young we'd collect something from every attraction and every "land". It was fun to go to Frontierland and see mugs and shirts and little things that were just Frontierland themed...or to find Haunted Mansion stuff by the Haunted Mansion...or Jungle Cruise and Adventureland gear over there. Now, it's all that "One Disney" stuff that I could buy at the Disney Store at the mall or online. What's the fun in that? I really think that Disney loses about $300 each trip my family takes by no longer carrying the attraction specific and unique merchandise it once did. This is just foolish in my opinion.

* Put obscure characters in the parks walking around. I'm actually one of those people who like the Meet & Greet locations. When my son and daughter were young, I would frantically try to find characters to have pictures with before the meet and greets were permanent things. I just hated the stress that put on me as a mom because I would feel like their whole vacation would be ruined if I didn't get a picture of them with Mickey or Minnie or whomever. So I like being able to take my niece and nephew to a meet and greet and have no worries about getting those pictures. That said, I think it would be fun as an added "bonus" experience to have obscure and oddball characters wandering the park more. No one is expecting to see these characters, so they are a total surprise to encounter. Would really create some magical memories.

* Create "residents" of each land to interact with guests. How to explain this? But you know how they have the residents of Buena Vista Street in DCA? I'd love to see face characters not based on movies who walk around each land like they live there. In Adventureland, it could be characters from the Adventurer's Club. In Tomorrowland, it could be people in space suits like they are hurrying to catch a space cruise to somewhere. In Fantasyland, it could be people who live and work in the castle. On Main Street, it could be people who have business in the shops above the street. Frontierland could have cowboys or people who just moved to the West. This would really enhance the experience, to see these great costumes walking around and have these characters to talk to. I'm sure there are many talented young theater majors from around the country who would be great at such improv.

* Create at least one "Must Try" food item in each land that is unique and only found at MK. The first thing I put in my mouth at MK is a Dole Whip, and I get it as soon as I can each trip. Love those things, and love that once I leave the park I have to wait a year until my next trip there to have another one. But what else is in the parks that I can only get there? Adventureland has the Dole Whip. It would be great if Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, and Main Street all had a signature item that was delicious, unique, and only found there. One could be a sandwich, one could be a snack, etc. This way, you could make a whole meal based off these special items in each land. It would be fun to go from one to another for the different courses like a dinner party held in a different person's house for each course. I'd love it!

What are some constructive things that YOU would want to see at MK in particular that would improve or enhance the experience?

You type a lot :)

But you make good points. I dislike threads that are all about the things we "hate" about Disney. Because, really, that's what the other 99% of the threads on here turn into anyway.

Regarding strollers, they are finally making an attempt to corral them somewhat. They've painted designated stroller parking areas in many areas of the parks, and have even gone so far as to BUILD stroller parking lots (like near the tree house). I don't mind the parked strollers so much as the ones being actively operated by guests.

Land and attraction specific merch would be great. They're kinda sorta trying to do that, but not to the extent that we'd all like. But, if just us fanbois buy the stuff, that's not a big enough target audience to make it for.

I really miss the days when you'd just be walking along and there would be a Chipmunk or Duck or Dog wandering about. We often saw them in the World Showcase area. But characters have become so popular, and society has become so rude, that if they didn't have queues, the poor characters would be attacked.

Streetmosphere characters in the various lands of all the parks would be awesome - especially in the MK. They're entertaining, add to the immersion, and also offer a distraction (one more thing to keep the lines shorter).

Signature foods would be cool. Right now they're famous for the Dole Whips and Turkey Legs. Not sure what else they could really do that's easy to sell in a park AND be novel at the same time. But it's a neat concept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom