Is there a smell....

MichiganDisneyDad4

Original Poster
Is there a smell or a taste at home in your everyday life that brings you back to Disney? Mine is peach. Our trip years ago, I ate and drank everything peach while driving down for our vacation. I am sitting here now eating some peach yogurt and can't help but bring myself back to my trips to the world!

SeaCastle

Wildfires for me- we visited one year (maybe 07 or 08) when there was a big drought and a wildfire raging near Orlando. You could smell it as soon as you left the airport and the sky had a strange hue. I remember sitting on a beach in Seven Seas Lagoon thinking how weird the white sand looked up against the dark sky. We don't have many wildfires in NJ (knock on wood) but a fire burning on a hot, humid day takes me back.

MichiganDisneyDad4

Original Poster
Well mine is a little strange. When I walk during my lunch break quite often a bus goes by. That diesel exhaust smell reminds me of when you stand in the bus lines.
Not strange at all, I still get taken a back when I smell a diesel bus in the area where we live. Last year when we were staying at Pop and we went to the busses for the first time and I was disappointed that they now use natural gas, because the smell is gone.

EDIT: I guess it's still diesel but its a renewable, more environmentally safe type. Fairly certain that last year the smell was gone.

Janir

My wife has some spray (Eucalyptus and spearmint) she uses once in a while on her pillow to help her relax to sleep. She used it in Disney and and it always make me feel like I'm in the Disney Bubble.
A really buttery popcorn that small like it was out of a Disney popcorn machine can get me there too.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Wildfires for me- we visited one year (maybe 07 or 08) when there was a big drought and a wildfire raging near Orlando. You could smell it as soon as you left the airport and the sky had a strange hue. I remember sitting on a beach in Seven Seas Lagoon thinking how weird the white sand looked up against the dark sky. We don't have many wildfires in NJ (knock on wood) but a fire burning on a hot, humid day takes me back.

Yep, same here!
We went on our first family trip in early July of ‘01, and stayed at POR.
IIRC, they had been having wildfires in the area for over a month, and had just started getting them under control. There was no more detectable smoke, but, the smell was everywhere we went on property. The whole place smelled like the Rome burning scene in SSE, and that smell takes me right back to that first family trip...!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom