Is there a check-in early fee?

mdcpr

Original Poster
We're staying at The Wilderness Lodge and the flight arrives at 11 am. We would like to arrive to the hotel and hopefully immediately get a room to drop off bags. Since check-in is at 3 pm, does WDW offer early check-in for a fee?

eliza61nyc

We're staying at The Wilderness Lodge and the flight arrives at 11 am. We would like to arrive to the hotel and hopefully immediately get a room to drop off bags. Since check-in is at 3 pm, does WDW offer early check-in for a fee?

No fee if you can get into your room. We always get to the resort earlier than 3 because we usually get the first flight out. If they don't have a room for you what will happen is that they hold your bags and then take your cell number. You usually get a text when a room is available.
We generally get a bite to eat and relax.

slappy magoo

If they can get you in early, they will, and there will be no fee, but they in no way can guarantee an early check-in.

As eliza said above, they will hold your bags when you arrive, you can go to the parks or to the pool or anywhere you want to go. When your room is ready, you can go and they'll bring the bags to you. If having your bags as soon as you get into the room is important, you might have to go to baggage claim and bring them up yourself. If baggage claims is very busy, you might otherwise have to wait until they have someone who can get them to your room, but if you go to the desk yourself, there should be someone who can get them to you then and there.

You should anticipate not getting an early check-in. I don't know how far you're coming from, or if you're flying versus driving. Anticipate packing one bag that you can use instantly and carry with you. For example, if you're flying, and want to go for a swim right away upon arrival, pack a bathing suit in your carryon, sunscreen, and an extra set of clothes for when you're done swimming. The resorts will have places by the pools where you can change and at least rinse off afterwards. Not as convenient as getting your room early, but it beats futzing around in the lobby because your luggage is still en route and you're not appropriately dressed for swimming or going to the parks in Florida weather.

Heppenheimer

If you arrive via Disney's Magical Express, you are essentially "checked in" as soon as you arrive at the bus queue at the airport. You can use any of the facilities at your hotel, even if your room isn't ready yet. If you want to head directly to a park or Disney Springs as soon as you arrive at the hotel, you can check any carry-on luggage in the lobby. Your checked baggage filters automatically up to the room.

As others noted, your room may be ready earlier, depending on when the previous guest vacated, but they can't guarantee availability before the standard check-in time.

nickys

Premium Member
If you arrive via Disney's Magical Express, you are essentially "checked in" as soon as you arrive at the bus queue at the airport. You can use any of the facilities at your hotel, even if your room isn't ready yet. If you want to head directly to a park or Disney Springs as soon as you arrive at the hotel, you can check any carry-on luggage in the lobby. Your checked baggage filters automatically up to the room.

As others noted, your room may be ready earlier, depending on when the previous guest vacated, but they can't guarantee availability before the standard check-in time.

That’s not quite true. Checking in at DME is not the same as checking in at the resort.

You can check in online though, or at the resort front desk. And you can certainly use the resort facilities as soon as you arrive and are checked in.

KaliSplash

I have checked in wwaaaayyy early at Pop Century and All-Star Music. (before 9 a.m.) Obviously, they were not full and not busy. We were able to drop stuff off and head to parks. No fee. But I would Never count on doing that, especially at a Deluxe resort. As has been explained repeatedly and correctly above, Bell Services will hold you bags and you can head on the parks when you get there.

JenDud

I checked in at Beach Club at 8 am and my room was ready. I feel like that was just luck although I did do online check in and stated I would arrive around 8.

mdcpr

Original Poster
I checked in at Beach Club at 8 am and my room was ready. I feel like that was just luck although I did do online check in and stated I would arrive around 8.
How far in advance did you do online check-in?

nickys

Premium Member
I have checked in wwaaaayyy early at Pop Century and All-Star Music. (before 9 a.m.) Obviously, they were not full and not busy. We were able to drop stuff off and head to parks. No fee. But I would Never count on doing that, especially at a Deluxe resort. As has been explained repeatedly and correctly above, Bell Services will hold you bags and you can head on the parks when you get there.

You can check in even if your room isn’t ready. If you check in at the front desk you can do so from 6am. Once you’re checked in you can use the amenities of the resort. So whether value, moderate or deluxe makes no difference.

No fee, unless you consider having to wait around for a while to get a room. I would suggest checking in whatever bags you have with you when you arrive with the bellhop in the lobby, checking in, and then heading somewhere to do something while you wait for the room, whether that's going to Disney Springs, a park, a food area to eat, or a quiet place for a nap (they'll contact you when your room is ready)

YankeeMouse

If getting in to your room early is important, ask them to check for a comparable room that is available right then. In my experience, they will make a phone call and find a room that is available immediately.

HouCuseChickie

I once checked into the Contemporary just after 7am...no fees...no issues...and shocking, but the room was actually ready as well. I like to put my estimated time of arrival on my info when I do my 60 day check in. No guarantees the room will be ready upon arrival, but it can't hurt to let them know when you think you're going to arrive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom