Is the Sanaa view still blocked by construction scrims?

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Has anyone been to Sanaa in the last few days or weeks? I was looking forward to our lunch ADR there on 2/17, but I just saw a Youtube review posted 3 weeks ago, at which the diner pointed out that the views of the animals were completely blocked by huge construction scrims outside the restaurant.

Can anyone confirm whether this is still the case? (I know it was back in the fall... perhaps the review I saw was filmed earlier, and just not posted until last month.) We'll cancel the ADR if all we're going to see of the savannah is yards and yards of unsightly green mesh.

HouCuseChickie

We went, and the view was totally unobstructed. We had a terrific lunch while watching giraffes, etc.

Did you happen to notice if the radiated tortoises were returned to the habitat area outside of Sanaa? I was there in early January and they were gone, but they had also begun work on that part of the facade, so I thought they might have been removed for their safety. I couldn't find much online, other than another guest noticing their absence during similar construction work in 2019. We just usually like to see them while waiting to be seated at Sanaa.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Did you happen to notice if the radiated tortoises were returned to the habitat area outside of Sanaa? I was there in early January and they were gone, but they had also begun work on that part of the facade, so I thought they might have been removed for their safety. I couldn't find much online, other than another guess noticing their absence during similar construction work in 2019. We just usually like to see them while waiting to be seated at Sanaa.

Yes, they were! It's funny you should ask, because lunch at Sanaa was the first thing we did after we arrived on property and checked into AKL, and we spent a few minutes waiting to be seated in the hallway near the Sanaa restrooms which looks out onto that habitat. Literally the very first photo I took of our Disney vacation was of one of those tortoises, who had sidled right to one of the windows for his close-up. He (or she) was so still that until they twitched a little, I thought I was looking at an incredibly realistic statue. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom