• yes

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • no

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • its ok

Votes: 39 45.9%

• Total voters

Anjin

DLR or WDW I don't care its honestly one of my all time favorite attractions.
Its a simple dark ride which makes it seem like a classic that should have come about long before it did.
It is one that I ride multiple times per day.
I am honestly shocked. I thought I was the only one on this board that likes the ride this much. The whole thing is just so much fun. It's not an E ticket, but it's not trying to be. It's simple and joyful and I like it.

Rich T

It’s a ride created by people who believed that a dark ride based on a terrific animated film should eliminate all the exciting elements and, instead, concentrate on awkward attempts to recreate the musical numbers.

It’s called “Ariel’s Undersea Adventure.” The “adventure,” according to this ride is: she goes out on a date.

The most exciting scene in the film is presented as a tiny shoebox diorama.

It is not a good ride. Mr. Toad is a thousand times more fun, and it’s just plywood cutouts. Mr. Toad was created by people who knew what they were doing.

DLR92

It okay attraction. It start out interesting good but once in the under the sea scene, oh my...TERRIBLE!
I felt I am reminded how iconic that scene was but I did not felt immersed in that part. Once you meet Ursula...I felt I was connnected. But near the end, it suffer again not being immersed. The ending is just laughable.

But the queue and the exterior of the building is simple yet elegant. I am glad they went with the current architecture. I think the other past concept would overwhelmed a mediocre attraction.

George Lucas on a Bench

It’s a ride created by people who believed that a dark ride based on a terrific animated film should eliminate all the exciting elements and, instead, concentrate on awkward attempts to recreate the musical numbers.

It’s called “Ariel’s Undersea Adventure.” The “adventure,” according to this ride is: she goes out on a date.

The most exciting scene in the film is presented as a tiny shoebox diorama.

It is not a good ride. Mr. Toad is a thousand times more fun, and it’s just plywood cutouts. Mr. Toad was created by people who knew what they were doing.

It's also a ride that inexplicably takes place underwater with no water. Disney has done underwater rides before, but you rode in a submarine and it made sense. The Little Mermaid and awful Finding Nemo ride at Epcot have you ride in a clamshell "underwater" with absolutely no water. We should be drowning in it. Rather, we're drowning in mediocrity.

DLR92

If mediocrity was a ride it would be Little Mermaid. Its literally a book report ride that is missing the best parts of the story. The ride feel generic and lacks depth.

The just opened Secret Life of Pets dark ride at Universal craps all over Little Mermaid.
Secrete Life of Pets is way more immersive than The Little Mermaid sadly!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom