Is the hiring freeze over?

Quentin Disney

Original Poster
I'm still looking for a second job to keep me from being dependent on financial aid and my mom. I was talking to some CM's at a pin trading meet at they said that they might need people every now and then as someone might quit or get fired. Apparently, there is a "freeze" in hiring at WDW due to slower business.

To me, I don't think that should stop me from going to Casting and applyin anyway. So, if there are any CM's out there that know what is going on, do you expect WDW to be hiring right now?

And speaking about the Casting center, what are the hours at that place? Since I go to WDW too darn much, it wouldn't hurt if I dropped by to check them out.

Lhriangel

Thought I'd try to help you out while I had my WDWCP Organizer in front of me lol. Casting is open 7:30 - 5:30 Monday through Saturdays.

Hope I could help.

GhostlyGal1001

This question is directed to cast members: I have about 3 yrs of past retail experience, and about 6 yrs of secretarial experience. What are my current chances of finding employment at WDW? I will most likely be going to the Casting & Employment Center this summer to apply. Thank you! :veryconfu

cm1988

Originally posted by GhostlyGal1001
...about 3 yrs of past retail experience, and about 6 yrs of secretarial experience. What are my current chances of finding employment at WDW? I will most likely be going to the Casting & Employment Center this summer to apply... :veryconfu
Merchandise is one of the more frequent opportunities. For more on the subject I'd refer you to this post.

The retail role is "Merchandise Host/Hostess", and secretarial would be "Secretary I" or "Secretary II" - Office & Technical roles for which you're likely to see more competition.

Three years of retail should make you a great candidate for Merchandise. Those roles can open up at any time, but early Spring is a prime time, as casting is done for the Summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom