Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

mikejs78

Premium Member
So then will the front plaza be an attraction? Will the security line also be considered an attraction? the sidewalk between countries will also be an attraction as will any queue for anything...
I love this game.
Then we can take the Bus Attraction to the car park attraction...and drive the long Enchanted Turnpike Attraction home....
your correct. Disney marketing is back to their late 90s tricks of marketing water fountains as attractions and people now have just conditioned themselves to accept the bs
This isn't new. It's been this way for decades.

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

Wow! That is possibly the most 90’s thing I’ve ever seen. I never thought the essence of an entire decade could be encapsulated in one AA, but somehow Disney did it with Alec Tronic. Bravo Disney. Bravo.
AlecTronic was arguably the best part of Innoventions. I remember watching for hours one visit. Very entertaining.

As for Epcot, I recently watch a piece on how StarWars 4-6 told a story and 7-8 (and possibly 9) wander aimlessly. I believe the same thing has happened with the park.

Epics drift into disjointed pieces in the absence of a strong visionary leader who can pull it all together. So I wonder where Epcot is heading?

tirian

Just waiting for the restroom facilities to be marketed the same way...
we joke about having to book a fastpass for the restrooms...

They tried that back in the mid–late 00’s, with recorded Stitch spiels playing in the Adventureland and Tomorrowland restrooms. At some point, someone realized it was a bad idea to encourage guests to use specific restrooms for a voiceover.

brb1006

They tried that back in the mid–late 00’s, with recorded Stitch spiels playing in the Adventureland and Tomorrowland restrooms. At some point, someone realized it was a bad idea to encourage guests to use specific restrooms for a voiceover.
Is there any existing audio of the Stitch spiels?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I recently saw a post on an Instagram account that I follow that said that we should "say our goodbyes" to Colortopia. I decided to message the account and ask what they meant, and got told that "based on some sources" Innoventions is set to close "in the near future." How valid is this claim?

Hi! You might want to take the rumor tag and rephrase the question as a declarative sentence. ;)

tirian

Is there any existing audio of the Stitch spiels?
Not that I know of. He was looking for Lilo and kept calling out her name.

Even though it was out of place in AL, it was kind of cool in the TL restrooms. The downside was that it accompanied WDW’s Stitch overkill that began with the attraction and its castle promo, extended to the monorail spiel, and overwhelmed merchandise. The restrooms were a much later addition, but were cut along with everything else when leadership finally accepted that Stitch’s Great Escape was the lowest-rated attraction of all time in WDW. (The “honorary” award worldwide goes to Superstar Limo at DCA.)

Clamman73

Not a bad view now.
F36CDD8A-8FD3-4662-9CCB-85C326865AC9.jpeg

tparris

Can also confirm what @DreamfinderGuy has said about West. AC ducts, insulation, and wiring are ripped up and hanging from the ceiling, and all carpet is ripped up, exposing bare concrete. The building is near ready for demolition, now it’s just a matter of how long they will take. Hopefully demo will only take a few days, as I’d rather not have to see a Horizons-esque stretched out demo process.

HauntedMansionFLA

Can also confirm what @DreamfinderGuy has said about West. AC ducts, insulation, and wiring are ripped up and hanging from the ceiling, and all carpet is ripped up, exposing bare concrete. The building is near ready for demolition, now it’s just a matter of how long they will take. Hopefully demo will only take a few days, as I’d rather not have to see a Horizons-esque stretched out demo process.
I took a quick picture leaving The Land. This is a newer wall on the backside of the meet and greet part of the building. Sorry for the poor quality
Will demo start up after Food and Wine?
454E9685-F59A-4B7F-BE3F-CED42CC2E91F.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom