Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

HauntedMansionFLA

That is a relief of sorts. West can be leveled for all I care. But it would nake. Good festival center considering Wonders is being redone. But I would agree, it at minimum, needs to be gutted?

Where are they putting Art of Disney?
I don’t think it will be a festival center like we are used too. Think upscale. No seminars and demonstration like what’s going on over at World ShowPlace. Right @marni1971 @Magic Feather

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Innoventions was terrible from day one. That was literally the turning point when WDI and Eisner started dropping the ball. I totally forgot about Barry braverman until I saw that Disney channel video someone posted. The guy completely ruined the culture at imagineering alongside Fitzgerald. Eisner loved how he ruined Epcot so much he put him in charge of Disneyland’s second park and we all know how that fiasco ended up.
The initial failure of Disneyland Paris is what started Eisner's unfortunate long fall from savior of the company.

It was Wells' death and Eisner's heart attack did that. Arguably.

Victor Kelly

AK has not deviated because of Joe Rohde. It is not because Disney has not tried, I am sure of that.

How does that pertain to Epcot? Well, it never innovated after it opened. It was lefet to fend for itself.

I miss Epcot Center. I was 8 when it first opened, and I saw it the year after it opened. I just was not old enough to appreciate it like I would now. TT and M:S are not suitable or better replacements. Ellen made Energy better for a few years. And truth is, World Showcase is nothing but a bunch of themed gift shops. And a place for people to get drunk off their feet. Nothing more charming than people urinating and vomiting into the bushes.

I would hate to see the Communicores be razed but if it is needed then it is needed. I have concerns about Spaceship Earth. I have this dread feeling in my stomach, like it is going bye bye and will be replaced with an IP attraction.

RSoxNo1

AK has not deviated because of Joe Rohde. It is not because Disney has not tried, I am sure of that.

How does that pertain to Epcot? Well, it never innovated after it opened. It was lefet to fend for itself.

I miss Epcot Center. I was 8 when it first opened, and I saw it the year after it opened. I just was not old enough to appreciate it like I would now. TT and M:S are not suitable or better replacements. Ellen made Energy better for a few years. And truth is, World Showcase is nothing but a bunch of themed gift shops. And a place for people to get drunk off their feet. Nothing more charming than people urinating and vomiting into the bushes.

I would hate to see the Communicores be razed but if it is needed then it is needed. I have concerns about Spaceship Earth. I have this dread feeling in my stomach, like it is going bye bye and will be replaced with an IP attraction.
To that point, Rohde has pointedly said that at the outset he was vehemently against Pandora, but then was given the authority to do exactly what he wanted on it and it fit seamlessly.

DreamfinderGuy

Did you happen to get any good footage of Communicore West on the last night of operation? You said you were one of the last handful to be in there, yeah?
Funny story about that, I tried to and my camera died. I shot a portion of IllumiNations from the hallway on my phone (freehand) and took a bunch of photos before they forced me out. I actually did an entire B-Roll style video of shots around the building from different angles which can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56FFAidhR5U

Victor Kelly

Isnt that tied to how those garages were funded or built that they cant?
Not sure. But if you look at the track record with parking, now they charge at the hotels per night. We see price increases in parking at the parks. We know they spent a ton on the Springs, Fox, Magic Bands. Does anyone believe this is not Chapeks next move? Think also, Universal does it. Universal also charges for Express Pass and soon Disney will do the same. I cannot direct quote but someone at Disney stated they are raising prices to control crowds.

Disney is about money not magic. They will ride this out until it breaks.

JayKZ

My guess would be that if they begin to charge for parking at DS, they'll have parking validation with purchases, and touchpoints for hotel guests and AP holders to bypass charges. All of which is just intended to prevent people from gaming the system by parking at DS instead of the parks.

michmousefan

Not sure. But if you look at the track record with parking, now they charge at the hotels per night. We see price increases in parking at the parks. We know they spent a ton on the Springs, Fox, Magic Bands. Does anyone believe this is not Chapeks next move? Think also, Universal does it. Universal also charges for Express Pass and soon Disney will do the same. I cannot direct quote but someone at Disney stated they are raising prices to control crowds.

Disney is about money not magic. They will ride this out until it breaks.
Of course, the important distinction between Disney and Uni is that Universal's parking is for both parks and shopping... while Disney's at DS is just for shopping. Are many individuals *actually* gaming the system by parking at DS?

jt04

Of course, the important distinction between Disney and Uni is that Universal's parking is for both parks and shopping... while Disney's at DS is just for shopping. Are many individuals *actually* gaming the system by parking at DS?

It isn't gaming the system to park at DS and access WDW transportation. They built those massive garages for guest convenience and not solely for DS patrons.

the Disney difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom