Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

CJR

There is a proposal for a fountain feature where the existing one is. This may be the same or a replacement.

If the proposal becomes reality, I'll be happy. At this point, I'll take any victory. Especially if it's in addition to the other water feature being added.

Overall, it sounds good to me. While I'll miss Communicore/Innoventions, it'll be an improvement over the last few years at least (a problem of their own creation, to be fair).

Brer Oswald

I'm a half glass full kind of guy, so the positives I'm taking from this is the FoN might stay, the beer garden at least won't be replacing it and at least over on the side, and I'm oddly excited that the one building is in an odd egg shape. Reminds of the original Epcot with fully imaginative building structures, rather than the lipstick on a pig themed front on a box.

Still, I can't help but wonder how non-symmetrical this will be. Having the "C" shape (I know there's a technical term for it that I'm missing at this point) on one side, and then a scatter of buildings on the other is going to look messy in my mind. And then there's the loss of Innoventions which I've always thought of as Epcot's unique Main Street, but I won't belabor that point.

I'm also really hoping this IP water maze will be behind some of the greenery, and it wont be that you pass under Spaceship Earth and see a giant Moana right away.
And might I say what a waste of an IP. You finally get something that would fit perfectly in Polynesian Adventureland, and you shove it in Epcot!

I guess the IP will get split for parts, with Moana and her Pig going to Epcot, and Maui and the Chicken probably going to Tiki Room. It’s just a shame that something fitting isn’t going into a land that needs new attractions.

Spash007

And might I say what a waste of an IP. You finally get something that would fit perfectly in Polynesian Adventureland, and you shove it in Epcot!

I guess the IP will get split for parts, with Moana and her Pig going to Epcot, and Maui and the Chicken probably going to Tiki Room. It’s just a shame that something fitting isn’t going into a land that needs new attractions.

I feel like Moana will probably still end up in Polynesian, given the Beauty and the Beast bar in GF, the Incredibles artwork popping up at CR, and the Pocahontas statue at Reflections. I get the tie in with Moana controls the ocean, the movie shows to respect the earth, etc. But with the fantasy aspect, it definitely fits better in Adventureland.

Disney Maddux

Okay. It could have been worse.

The west building will be razed. In its place will be two main buildings and a collection of simple, smaller ones. One main building will be where M&G will be located, the other an unusually shaped (think egg) multi level facility for festival operations, events and entertainment. It will indeed include an upper level bar / cafe type environment.

The much talked about water element will be an IP tied water maze near the Seas pavilion as has been discussed earlier.

There will be lots of winding pathways and foliage in this area. There is a proposal for a fountain feature where the existing one is. This may be the same or a replacement.

Circulation will be concentrated around the edge of what is currently the central area as opposed to walking in a straight line. Think of pathways following the current inside perimeters of east and west. And yes, there will be alcoholic beverage seating outside roughly where the current Mousegear rotunda is.

The east building will stay pretty much as is with a lot of cosmetic work. Merchandise will be where it is now, whilst the north east quadrant will become solely food and beverage.

The walkway(s) to Showcase will remain as-is albeit with the west addition widened and new landscaping on the central pathway. Lakes will remain as-is.

This is how I understand things to date.
This is amazing! Thanks for continuing to update us Martin!

nickys

Premium Member
Okay. It could have been worse.

The west building will be razed. In its place will be two main buildings and a collection of simple, smaller ones. One main building will be where M&G will be located, the other an unusually shaped (think egg) multi level facility for festival operations, events and entertainment. It will indeed include an upper level bar / cafe type environment.

The much talked about water element will be an IP tied water maze near the Seas pavilion as has been discussed earlier.

There will be lots of winding pathways and foliage in this area. There is a proposal for a fountain feature where the existing one is. This may be the same or a replacement.

Circulation will be concentrated around the edge of what is currently the central area as opposed to walking in a straight line. Think of pathways following the current inside perimeters of east and west. And yes, there will be alcoholic beverage seating outside roughly where the current Mousegear rotunda is.

The east building will stay pretty much as is with a lot of cosmetic work. Merchandise will be where it is now, whilst the north east quadrant will become solely food and beverage.

The walkway(s) to Showcase will remain as-is albeit with the west addition widened and new landscaping on the central pathway. Lakes will remain as-is.

This is how I understand things to date.
To clarify, this is referring to the Fountain of Nations, yes?

So then it could be that the FoN may not actually be dismantled and totally disappear, but upgraded / altered instead? I’d really like to see something like the “original” FoN that works and without the current paraphernalia that surrounds it. I hope they don’t lose the entire concept of it.

I’m getting a cautiously optimistic feeling about some of this. I like the foliage focus and winding pathways idea. A water maze sounds intriguing, not entirely sure what to expect with that.

Thanks for all of this!

Clamman73

They gonna make a little shortcut here while this is going on?
DB6ED88D-F20E-4FC5-8846-94FA3FF4F674.jpeg

Spash007

Which side will thematically claim Spaceship Earth?

Wasn’t there talk a while back of FW being renamed? Some reason using Epcot Center rings out in my mind, or something else nostalgic like that. But in some ways it would make sense to have SE plus everything of the former Innoventions as Epcot Center, and then either leaving West and East otherwise as is, or each pavilion just stands as its own “land” without a formal division of West vs East.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wasn’t there talk a while back of FW being renamed? Some reason using Epcot Center rings out in my mind, or something else nostalgic like that. But in some ways it would make sense to have SE plus everything of the former Innoventions as Epcot Center, and then either leaving West and East otherwise as is, or each pavilion just stands as its own “land” without a formal division of West vs East.

You're confusing two rumors: Epcot itself being renamed but still incorporating "epcot" in some form; and, FW going away, and thus, being renamed.

Maybe one of the thirds left of FW will still be called FW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom