Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

nor'easter

I thought I said it in perfectly english, but it's obvious you guys aren't understanding it. If I said to my Grandpa whose a first time visitor.

"Grandpa meet me in Innoventions West". He would think he'd have to go left. But because Disney goes from a birds eye view direction and what it is based on the world map for Epcot it is the opposite.

I thought at least one of you would get it, but oh well. I'll try to describe things better for you guys in the future.
I hope your English teacher isn't reading your posts.

Epcot_Imagineer

Maybe I'm naive, or just try too hard to see the best in people, but I don't think @MickeyMouse10 was trying to troll anyone over this. Maybe a bit argumentative, ;) but not intentionally trolling. I still have to go through the "Never Eat Shredded Wheat" mnemonic device when remembering cardinal directions. So maybe ease up a bit over the insults for mixing up East and West Innoventions? Lord knows I've mixed up and gone to the wrong one in the park before.

Ripken10

He or She was saying the eastern and western sides of the park.

I agree with them it is confusing. They should have called it left and right or some other less confusing name. No one cares what the directions are from the sky.
I have to think you are joking. Calling something "left" or "right" as opposed to "east" or "west"?!? Please tell me you were joking? How many times I have heard the question "is that your left or my left"...

While it should be completely logical that East is always East and West is always West, there is a lot of people that always refer to North as "Up" and South as "Down"...no it still doesn't make any sense why anybody would be confused with this naming convention that the East building is on the East side.

PizzaPlanet

I thought I said it in perfectly english, but it's obvious you guys aren't understanding it. If I said to my Grandpa whose a first time visitor.

"Grandpa meet me in Innoventions West". He would think he'd have to go left. But because Disney goes from a birds eye view direction and what it is based on the world map for Epcot it is the opposite.

I thought at least one of you would get it, but oh well. I'll try to describe things better for you guys in the future.
But if Grandpa was coming from World Showcase, then east and west would be backwards. That's why it only makes sense to do it based on the "birds eye view" because it's consistent.

Bostb71

I have to think you are joking. Calling something "left" or "right" as opposed to "east" or "west"?!? Please tell me you were joking? How many times I have heard the question "is that your left or my left"...

While it should be completely logical that East is always East and West is always West, there is a lot of people that always refer to North as "Up" and South as "Down"...no it still doesn't make any sense why anybody would be confused with this naming convention that the East building is on the East side.

Attachments

• 267E3AC5-CE42-4AB3-B48E-B42FA8A58E64.jpeg
    267E3AC5-CE42-4AB3-B48E-B42FA8A58E64.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 92

Rich Brownn

This makes no sense. It has nothing to do with a Bird's eye view. There is only one direction called "West". It doesn't change because of the way the park is oriented, or because you
think it's confusing.
Just remember there are people that stand under 50-foot signs saying "restrooms" and ask where the restrooms are.....

TeriofTerror

Maybe your hypothetical family would be less confused if they entered from International Gateway.

DreamfinderGuy

So, West is going down later this year, correct? Martin said walls could go up at any time, so that would imply sooner than later. Are we looking at Pre or Post D23?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Okay. It could have been worse.

The west building will be razed. In its place will be two main buildings and a collection of simple, smaller ones. One main building will be where M&G will be located, the other an unusually shaped (think egg) multi level facility for festival operations, events and entertainment. It will indeed include an upper level bar / cafe type environment.

The much talked about water element will be an IP tied water maze near the Seas pavilion as has been discussed earlier.

There will be lots of winding pathways and foliage in this area. There is a proposal for a fountain feature where the existing one is. This may be the same or a replacement.

Circulation will be concentrated around the edge of what is currently the central area as opposed to walking in a straight line. Think of pathways following the current inside perimeters of east and west. And yes, there will be alcoholic beverage seating outside roughly where the current Mousegear rotunda is.

The east building will stay pretty much as is with a lot of cosmetic work. Merchandise will be where it is now, whilst the north east quadrant will become solely food and beverage.

The walkway(s) to Showcase will remain as-is albeit with the west addition widened and new landscaping on the central pathway. Lakes will remain as-is.

This is how I understand things to date.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom