Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

Kman101

How do you know it's just going to be green patch of grass? You don't. Your assuming.

If you read my post, that's not what I'm implying. Read the post again please. Thanks :) That's what you get for picking something out in an attempt at ... I'm not sure what ;) I was giving alternate spots for it ;) Relax please. Man, everyone looks for an argument anymore ... sheesh! Way to attempt to make something out of like, nothing .... lol.

Rich Brownn

Typical/historical elements of World Fairs: Country Pavilions, Other Misc Pavilions (typically company sponsored with various kinds of focus including IP), rides including roller coasters , and Festival-type content. Yes I’ve been to them.
As I've pointed out EPCOT Center was designed after a very specific World's Fair - the 1964/65 NY World's Fair. But being a non-WF WF (It wasn't sanctioned by the organization that oversee's WFs) the emphasis was more on corporate pavilions (GM's Futurama, Ford's Magic skyway, Bell Telephone's Flying Wing, IMB's Egg Theater, etc) than national pavilions (since most countries committed to the 'real WF' - Expo 67).

Last edited by a moderator:

Kman101

I’m far from a god, but when you see what’s been done in 4-5 years time, come back and we can carry on the discussion.

What pushed this plan to the forefront? I'm just so confused because it all seems so counter productive! Like I said, for every Awesome Planet and re-done entrance we get ... a beer garden.

It's hilarious to see a few jump to the defense of this yet most of us, even the more accepting, think this makes no sense.

I'd like to have a chat with who approved this idea ... lol ;)

SoupBone

What pushed this plan to the forefront? I'm just so confused because it all seems so counter productive! Like I said, for every Awesome Planet and re-done entrance we get ... a beer garden.

It's hilarious to see a few jump to the defense of this yet most of us, even the more accepting, think this makes no sense.

I'd like to have a chat with who approved this idea ... lol ;)

That's because it's a hot garbage idea, placing an alcohol distribution location slap in the middle of a large traffic area. It's a flow through area to the Showcase. The idea is downright stupid.

SoupBone

Did you even read my post? "Beer Garden" is a term that can mean many different things at Walt Disney Imagineering! It's not necessarily what you think it is!

You can call it whatever you want, but it's going to create a choke point with people trying to booze it up in Future World before hitting the Showcase. That spot is a heavy traffic flow area already. It's a bad idea, bottom line.

DanielBB8

What is productive about a Fountain? A beer garden is definitely more productive and people working and accepting transactions.

You can call it whatever you want, but it's going to create a choke point with people trying to booze it up in Future World before hitting the Showcase. That spot is a heavy traffic flow area already. It's a bad idea, bottom line.
The fountain is in an out of the way place. The walking paths are on the sides. There's no choke point.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Again, you are basing your comment on assumptions and conjecture. You have no idea what the design will be. Again, check out PARADISE GARDENS at Disney California Adventure. THIS was called a "BEER GARDEN" when it was first revealed, yet despite the negative assumptions, turned out to be a beautiful space.

Does it sell beer?

trainplane3

Again, you are basing your comment on assumptions and conjecture. You have no idea what the design will be. Again, check out PARADISE GARDENS at Disney California Adventure. THIS was called a "BEER GARDEN" when it was first revealed, yet despite the negative assumptions, turned out to be a beautiful space.
There's a difference here. One is going to be in the middle of some of the heaviest traffic flow, the other is in the corner of the park on it's own path.

BoarderPhreak

LOL... Innoventions never even got off the ground. It was a graveyard of lame "exhibits" in what used to be Communicore... IMO.

If they wanna pave over it and install a year-round beer garden - I can get behind that. At least it's an improvement. 🍻

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Maybe not so much. It's seems the new plan will allow folks, upon passing SSE, to go immediately left (to GotG, WoL) or right (to the Seas) rather than be forced to go through all the folderol of the central plaza.

So, basically, right now there is a choke point of trying to get past the Innoventions pinch on either side of Project Tomorrow and then past all the islands of junk in the central plaza. This new plan should make passage easier.

SoupBone

Maybe not so much. It's seems the new plan will allow folks, upon passing SSE, to go immediately left (to GotG, WoL) or right (to the Seas) rather than be forced to go through all the folderol of the central plaza.

So, basically, right now there is a choke point of trying to get past the Innoventions pinch on either side of Project Tomorrow and then past all the islands of junk in the central plaza. This new plan should make passage easier.

I get that, for pass through guests. But there's gonna be a pileup of people in and around that space. I mean, it's thousands of people, you can't really fit those numbers in your local pub. How do they accommodate that? Disney always seems to place temp queues for ride overflow, but you're not gonna do that for 100's of people trying to access a single limited area spot.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I get that, for pass through guests. But there's gonna be a pileup of people in and around that space. I mean, it's thousands of people, you can't really fit those numbers in your local pub. How do they accommodate that? Disney always seems to place temp queues for ride overflow, but you're not gonna do that for 100's of people trying to access a single limited area spot.

Same issue with the walkways around WS during festivals. People tend not to join a crowd if it looks too crowded. That's the reason why most queue for popular attractions don't become 5 hour waits.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

That is the problem....there's already an annoying "culture" around Epcot's world showcase where people openly and joyfully drink themselves silly and even have tons of t-shirts made to celebrate it. Then they get into fights, altercations, pee themselves, curse up a storm etc. in a place that's supposed to be Family Friendly...and it seems Disney is going to double down on that. I know this first hand as I worked as a contractor for Disney at food and wine events.

NOW, Disney has a REALLY simple way to avoid this issue....they should link a drink limit to people's magic bands, 2 drinks maximum per 2 hours or something, but unless there's some public incident that's reported everywhere, I don't see that happening.

Kman101

I have no doubts they may make it look beautiful. Most of our problems are with the location. It's right in the middle of the hub. That seems counterproductive to freeing up walking space and removing a fountain. That's really all it is. Relax a bit ;)

Slov72

I don't really understand the outrage..... All I see is Disney knocking down ugly buildings and building new ones. New food and beverage (that may be expanded using space that is currently unused) will be going where there is currently food and beverage (electric umbrella); Merchandise will go where there is currently merchandise (Mouse Gears); a festival center will replace some meet and greet space, some empty space and club cool; a meet and greet area will replace some meet and greet and empty space; and a water play area/maze will replace unused areas. The center will be beautified/greened up and will sell some beer (we will lose the fountain for this). From what I am seeing this is not really a huge change, the difference could be in the architecture and a feeling of openness. I am hoping that these new buildings will be built for their purpose and architecturally more modern and beautiful than the existing ugly communicore buildings. If Disney decided to repurpose do you really think that would have driven them to invest the rest of the budget into existing pavilions? I will wait to see what the architecture looks like before ripping this..... if it is compelling then this will be a great modernization of this area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom