Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

trainplane3

...Are we surprised at all? I'm looking forward to them adding back in green space but everything else to me is...

Edit: "A crude model of what’s to come. We’ll see how long it takes a YouTube show to recreate this". Nice one...

DreamfinderGuy

Any comments on information posted elsewhere on the web about the proposed layout of the new core?
Nothing that hasn’t already been said. Specifically by you.
83D9C2A1-DD0F-4BAE-9DD9-303E1A70AB31.jpeg

Spash007

Is there any word or inkling on a timeline for this? Would they wait for the entrance plaza to be done before starting demo back here? Otherwise it'll give the HS entrance construction a run for it's money. At first I was thinking it would be awful to also have SE closed too, but if it was also down, they could just block off the entire center section from security back to the lagoon in one fell swoop.

Magic Feather

Not sure why they claim electric umbrella is staying. Perhaps in name only. IMO.
Less in name, more in concept (random quick service). Bouncing off @marni1971 , the map is mostly accurate, but there are a few things that are kind of off. For instance, the space they showed for Starbs (I hear that is what the kids call it these days) would barely be large enough for three festival booths. They also, slightly undersold East's changes and messed up the shape of some west building. Other than that, its surprisingly accurate.

Bender123

...Are we surprised at all? I'm looking forward to them adding back in green space but everything else to me is...

Edit: "A crude model of what’s to come. We’ll see how long it takes a YouTube show to recreate this". Nice one...

I CLAPPED! I CLAPPED!! AT-ST! AT-ST! X-WINGS!!! TIE FIGHTERS!!! IT BREAKS NEW GROUND!!!!

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
It's been a great run. It's sad to see it not go out on top but what a fantastic 15 to 20 year run. At least we still have the World Showcase to stroll around and still has great attractions, minus the Frozen addition.

britain

Regarding "Festcot": The organization of EPCOT Center has always been more World's Fair than actual Community of Tomorrow. They've got pavilions for pete's sake, not 'fire department, factory, elementary school' etc. It appears that the message is conforming to the medium, and as we lose presentations regarding "what will the future be like" we're gaining "Come to play, eat, drink, and celebrate (i.e. learn a bit) about the world we live in".

There's a reason EPCOT was selected as the focus of the Millennium Celebration. Its infrastructure has always been conducive to festival activities rather than typical theme park environments.

As far as shifts in themes go, it could be a lot worse. It's not like Galaxy's Edge was built at EPCOT, with "You are on a planet occupied by fascist troops" storytelling.

Last edited:

jt04

Less in name, more in concept (random quick service). Bouncing off @marni1971 , the map is mostly accurate, but there are a few things that are kind of off. For instance, the space they showed for Starbs (I hear that is what the kids call it these days) would barely be large enough for three festival booths. They also, slightly undersold East's changes and messed up the shape of some west building. Other than that, its surprisingly accurate.

Guessing the EU would operate more like a food court with different stations since this seems the trend. Futuristic F&W fest with continually changing menus. Anything but the current menu. Not that it is bad, just dated.

Surferboy567

Now I get the thing to do around here is to bash this and the new “theme” of Epcot. For once, though I’m really not seeing a problem with this EXCEPT FOR ONE THING. I’m going to be going in order from the site that shall be not named listed these items. Let’s break this down:

Innoventions WEST- I’m ok seeing it go don’t really have a connection to it and if we are honest with ourselves it wasn’t long for this world.

Innoventions EAST- I really don’t like the Electric Umbrella, the theme looks tacky and needs an update. If they updated it though...maybe it wouldn’t be that bad.

Fountain of Nations- Now this is the thing I’m not a fan of sure the fountain looked 80’s and probably needed an update but the design has a special place for me will be sad to see it go HOWEVER this “Epcot Garden” could look very nice so I’m willing to give it the benefit of the doubt the greens right before you hit the showcase could work.

Epcot Festival Center- Don’t see much of a problem with this Epcot always has festivals in mind and I like them (plus they generate a metric ton of revenue). This brings up a question I have for @marni1971 since this festival Center is coming here does that mean world showplaces days are numbered? The reason I ask is for the rumored Poppins addition in the UK

Journey of Water- This is the thing I’m most excited for oddly enough they could do a lot with a water theme articulture speaking. Making for some very interesting designs. I’m a very big fan of the name also hope that’s final.

Overall I don’t see much of a problem with this. Epcot old design (which isn’t a bad thing) was starting to look tired. I’m sure I’ll get hate for this but I’m not judging till it’s complete from that description minus the beer (I don’t mind the garden part) it doesn’t look that bad

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Journey of Water- This is the thing I’m most excited for oddly enough they could do a lot with a water theme articulture speaking. Making for some very interesting designs. I’m a very big fan of the name also hope that’s final.

I hope that there are nooks and crannies within this to stop and sit and relax. I don't want another version of Canada's garden where you look at it from a distance on a narrow path. So unwelcoming.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
. This brings up a question I have for @marni1971 since this festival Center is coming here does that mean world showplaces days are numbered? The reason I ask is for the rumored Poppins addition in the UK
No. It’s staying (and has been beefed up BOH)

Poppins is small enough to fit in the available land. Work should begin later this year (finally)

Surferboy567

I hope that there are nooks and crannies within this to stop and sit and relax. I don't want another version of Canada's garden we you look at it from a distance on a narrow path. So unwelcoming.

Judging by the description I would assume it would be fairly large. Why else would they make a big deal about it? But yes I share the same thoughts

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom