Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

toonaspie

The true failing of DCA 2.0 was that Paradise Pier was only half renovated with whatever was left of DCA 1.0 Paradise Pier (The Carousel, shops, Ariel’s Grotto etc.) seemingly with the hope that DCA 3.0 would fix up the remnants. DCA 3.0 never happened and instead Disney seems to just be on auto-pilot with DCA, green lighting whatever will tie in with big Disney film releases that will be released within the next two years.(Both the Incredicoaster and Mission Breakout opened a short time after a film in their respective franchises was released and I’n sure the same will be true of the Jessie Carousel and Toy Story 4)

I think Paradise Pier would have been an easy demo and start all over if not for California Screamin. The ride was too massive and too popular for them to take down so they had to rework everything around that.

My dad won't be happy about Club Cool going away. Where will he get his free soda as he refuses to pay Disney's soda prices. 😅

danlb_2000

Premium Member

P_Radden

Quoting from another thread but it's relevant here:
Electric Umbrella will not exist when this is all complete
No doubt Electric Umbrella sucks in both theme and menu. I really hope whatever new QS dining comes to CC East will feature a more fitting theme to FW (or whatever it will be called). The name "Electric Umbrella" sounds like it belongs in a weather pavilion.

Also would be absolutely amazing if some sort of ponds make a come back to the area. How nice would it be to have a view somewhat similar to this again?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Maybe Starbucks takes over Electric Umbrella, or at least partially?

My big question for @marni1971 if you can share...is Club Cool possibly surviving all of this, or is Coke happy with their big store/drink location in Disney Springs?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe Starbucks takes over Electric Umbrella, or at least partially?

My big question for @marni1971 if you can share...is Club Cool possibly surviving all of this, or is Coke happy with their big store/drink location in Disney Springs?
The location probably won’t, but there are replacement buildings proposed. If they’ll be in one of those I don’t know.

Captain Neo

That’s why they’re building a four minute lowest common denominator hot IP rollercoaster.

Short term gains. Misguided long term.

I’ll take that over rundown old Epcot pavilion with broken dinosaurs and effects where your forced to watch an embarrassingly bad 10 minute long video at the end presented by Ellen Degeneres

And i know pie in the sky we would have liked to see a modern energy pavilion but right now that issue is unfortunately too politicized in America, it’s not going to bring in and excite the crowds like Marvel will, and it would just get stale in 5 years anyway. On top of that it goes back to one of the original complaints (rightly or wrongly) that nobody wants to get lectured while on a family vacation.

The original attraction in hinsight was evil anyway considering it was just a big promo for Exxon one of the largest contributors to environmental damage in the world and a company that has kept global warming data and green technology down for decades.

On top of that the original Epcot Center that we all love so much heavily promoted Captain EO by George Lucas and Michael Jackson. How is Guardians of the Galaxy any different aside from the amount of real estate it’s using?

yensidtlaw1969

I’ll take that over rundown old Epcot pavilion with broken dinosaurs and effects where your forced to watch an embarrassingly bad 10 minute long video at the end presented by Ellen Degeneres

And i know pie in the sky we would have liked to see a modern energy pavilion but right now that issue is unfortunately too politicized in America, it’s not going to bring in and excite the crowds like Marvel will, and it would just get stale in 5 years anyway. On top of that it goes back to one of the original complaints (rightly or wrongly) that nobody wants to get lectured while on a family vacation.

The original attraction in hinsight was evil anyway considering it was just a big promo for Exxon one of the largest contributors to environmental damage in the world and a company that has kept global warming data and green technology down for decades.

On top of that the original Epcot Center that we all love so much heavily promoted Captain EO by George Lucas and Michael Jackson. How is Guardians of the Galaxy any different aside from the amount of real estate it’s using?
EO was a subsidiary attraction to the headliner.
Additionally, Captain EO was featured in the pavilion dedicated to Imagination, where it was an example of both futuristic vision and futuristic technology that was built around imaginary characters and settings. Guardians does not share that important distinguishing context, as people seem to forget.

It was framed as a highly-produced fiction you were about to watch, not as a reality you were going to experience the way Guardians is framed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom