Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

TwilightZone

Still inferior to the original version of Imageworks.

Journey+10+Staircase.jpg

Journey+14+Stepping+Tones.jpg

Journey+12+Magic+Palette.jpg

Journey+13+Rainbow.jpg
Yep, but isn’t everything?

Missing20K

No one's saying "I'd rather they leave the park as-is than put a band aid on it".*

The thought is that instead of putting on a band aid they should prep for major surgery.

I'd rather see them take a little longer to plot out what they actually want the park to evolve into than rush into building new things that don't and won't adhere to a central theme for the park -- even if they change that theme, which I personally don't think should be necessary.

The park has a strong identity, if only they'd play into it, and while I'd enjoy seeing them do that the old-school way there are still other ways to execute on that theme that can be successful for contemporary audiences.

*EDIT: Okay, maybe one person is saying that:
No I didn't say that.
Totally a personal opinion, but I'd take a quick, painless death over bleeding out through a band aid.
Huh? Pretty sure this thread, and I perhaps mistakenly assumed your comment, is about Innoventions. And in that case, yes, I would much prefer they just tear it down and start over, than a "band-aid" piecemeal "solution" of meet-n-greets, playgrounds, and the like.

I was also attempting to be a bit esoteric but....
giphy.gif
I know you mean well, but please stop putting words in my mouth. I never said it would be nice if they tore it down. I said I would prefer they tear it down rather than the current approach. The current approach is trash. Between trash or nothing, I'd take nothing. It would be better served as flower gardens and fountains (do they still have those at WDW?) than the current iteration.

Kkar

This is what I have found for other teenagers I have brought to the park as well. They actually want it to be different, like sometimes they have heard. It can and should be awe-inspiring. And if "IPs" must be involved, use their new association with National Geographic through the Fox acquisition. Perhaps do some "NatGeo" specials from the park. Would fit like a glove.
I've thought for years that Disney should purchase the Discovery Channel. They could then turn one side of Innoventions into a studio where they could broadcast a few weekly shows, maybe even a daily morning show outside in front of the FoN. They could do a LOT of tie-ins with the F&W, F&G and FotA festivals. They could also produce travelogue shows with tie-ins to World Showcase. All while keeping a lot of existing Discovery Channel programming. Always seemed like such a natural partnership to me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've thought for years that Disney should purchase the Discovery Channel.

Discovery Channel isn't what it once was... from Wikipedia...

It initially provided documentary television programming focused primarily on popular science, technology, and history, but by the 2010s had expanded into reality television and pseudo-scientific entertainment.

DanielBB8

Nothing ever stays the same. Disney always plays video on a loop. Why pay for a cable channel if they can film fake segments and play it endlessly?

PoTCGuy

I've thought for years that Disney should purchase the Discovery Channel. They could then turn one side of Innoventions into a studio where they could broadcast a few weekly shows, maybe even a daily morning show outside in front of the FoN. They could do a LOT of tie-ins with the F&W, F&G and FotA festivals. They could also produce travelogue shows with tie-ins to World Showcase. All while keeping a lot of existing Discovery Channel programming. Always seemed like such a natural partnership to me.
In the early 80's, there was a show that was at least taped in EPCOT Center, called EPCOT Magazine, and was shown on the very new Disney Channel. It was a lot like the kind of show that you describe above.

SteveAZee

Or it offends earth worms. No one can hear it. The dialog is so muffled. It’s staged in the most boring way possible in the darkest shades with poor lighting. A show about communication can’t convey messages. I might as well be reading Egyptian hieroglyphs.
It does move a tad slow... and the message sometimes gets muddled. At the risk of being a heretic, I felt like the Imagination ride (even the original) didn't come close to living up to its theme. Then again, when I first saw in the mid-80's I was designing the graphics systems for flight simulators, so I was a tough audience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom