Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

begood524

Original Poster
I recently saw a post on an Instagram account that I follow that said that we should "say our goodbyes" to Colortopia. I decided to message the account and ask what they meant, and got told that "based on some sources" Innoventions is set to close "in the near future." How valid is this claim?

alphac2005

That’s why they’re building a four minute lowest common denominator hot IP rollercoaster.

Short term gains. Misguided long term.
My kids can't understand how EPCOT was filled with 15 minute plus gems and is now down to what they consider to be boring and lousy rides. They love Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, yet can't even fathom how Imagination was once great. They love Figment, but rightfully think that JIYI is awful. They're 8 and 15.

rnese

What I meant to say was another 12-15 minute omnimover. I have boys 14 and 11. I spin yarns of days of yore when EPCOT was my favorite park because of how different it was from anything else I'd experienced. I'd been to several amusement parks. The Magic Kingdom blew them all away, but then EPCOT CENTER opened. It was amazing. I didn't need thrill rides. I could go anywhere and spin around 30 times, or go up and down hills for 40 seconds. THIS was different. I could get into a small vehicle with my father, mother, and brother, and look and listen. Be blown away with a story. Be awe struck by animatronics. All the while my head on a swivel and jaw dropped. Ride it a second time and notice something different because this time when I entered a scene I focused more to the right of the vehicle instead of the left. We'd get out of the attraction and ask each other if they noticed "this" or saw "that"? Sadly, only SE provides those conversations anymore. Even though my boys do love to spin and go up and down hills, SE remains one of their favorites on the property. Even though they're been on it 15 times.

DisneyFreak

What I meant to say was another 12-15 minute omnimover. I have boys 14 and 11. I spin yarns of days of yore when EPCOT was my favorite park because of how different it was from anything else I'd experienced. I'd been to several amusement parks. The Magic Kingdom blew them all away, but then EPCOT CENTER opened. It was amazing. I didn't need thrill rides. I could go anywhere and spin around 30 times, or go up and down hills for 40 seconds. THIS was different. I could get into a small vehicle with my father, mother, and brother, and look and listen. Be blown away with a story. Be awe struck by animatronics. All the while my head on a swivel and jaw dropped. Ride it a second time and notice something different because this time when I entered a scene I focused more to the right of the vehicle instead of the left. We'd get out of the attraction and ask each other if they noticed "this" or saw "that"? Sadly, only SE provides those conversations anymore.

AMEN!

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
which will still be better than the crap that is there now. I'll take the short term gains.
oooooooooooooooooo-shiny-thing.jpg

Maybe if they put designer cupcake pop up stores all over the place it would change your mind as well..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I recently saw a post on an Instagram account that I follow that said that we should "say our goodbyes" to Colortopia. I decided to message the account and ask what they meant, and got told that "based on some sources" Innoventions is set to close "in the near future." How valid is this claim?

Considering an official announcement of a complete renovation of "the spine" in which the artist's concept shows Innoventions to be gone, then yes, Innoventions isn't long for this world.

But, in Disney terms, that could be a few months or a few years away. Or never if they decide to keep some or all of the buildings, or reallocate the budget to somewhere else.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Considering an official announcement of a complete renovation of "the spine" in which the artist's concept shows Innoventions to be gone, then yes, Innoventions isn't long for this world.

But, in Disney terms, that could be a few months or a few years away. Or never if they decide to keep some or all of the buildings, or reallocate the budget to somewhere else.

There was also an official announcement of a large theater at the MK complete with renderings as well.

This space continues to and will continue to be a parking lot for the foreseeable future.

Concept does not equal reality.

eliza61nyc

oooooooooooooooooo-shiny-thing.jpg

lol

Maybe if they put designer cupcake pop up stores all over the place it would change your mind as well..

lol, not quite but how about something a little more current than

old-carriage-two-skeletons-decorated-450w-1151475707.jpg

Which is pretty much what is there now. I'm just not into 'clingy" to some thing that ain't working just for the sake of nostalgia. lol but by all means let's keep a big empty building that pretty much is a meet and greet for characters because it "used" to have such great things 2 decades ago.

Disney is not going to spend the money needed to bring it back to the original theme, so yeah bring on the shiny

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom