Is the DDP ruining Disney dining?

culturenthrills

Original Poster
I have a question for everyone. Do you think the Disney Dining Plan is ruining Disney dining esp. table service? I have noticed that menu's have shrunk or been dumbed down(ie getting rid of the more adventurous entree's. I have a friend who works at ESPN Club and has noticed this). I just wanted to see what people think. I remember when dining at WDW was not that great but then got alot better but have noticed that it seems to be going a little downhill lately. What do you think?

RonAnnArbor

The food is going downhill in general and it has NOTHING to do with the DDP -- it has to do with the cost of raw supplies rising and Disney cutting corners to save money across the board -- all of the menus are indeed smaller these days -- but it is done for cost savings wether or not there is a dining plan in place. You think there are limited menus at WDW?? Try a trip to Disneyland Paris where you get about three options take them or leave them, not only in the restaurants but at counter service as well. This is the same trend you will see at every single restaurant in the country right now -- ever been into a Bennigan's lately - remember the 15-page menu they used to have? It is 4 pages now...Appleby's 6- page menu? 4 pages now, and one of those is drinks...

DDP doesn't effect the monetary bottom line at all at WDW -- they just shift lines of funds from one line-item to another line-item in their bookkeeping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom