Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

kucarachi

Why? HS was without the hat for 13 years, with the hat for 14 until ALMOST now. I repeat again from an earlier post. Why must there be another icon to squat in the middle of the park obstructing the original view as intended? Earful Tower is a recognizable icon for HS. Why not that?

it's on the backlot tour isn't it? you can't make the landmark of your park something that has been shut down or about to be replaced. The TOT i guess would be the best choice but not sure a ride should be the representation of that parks essence.

BrerJon

Does this mean everything is real if I do believe in it? What is fake and what is real anyway? Is not the fake theater a real structure? Will any semblance of sentience be left once my atoms are dispersed to the stars?

I'm starting to think the hat might have been a collective illusion willed into being by a bunch of theming-hating pixie-dusters, so strong in their loyalty to a corrupt Disney administration that they kept the thing together for many years. Only now the cracks in the faith are starting to show, and their beloved hat is tumbling down fast.

JohnD

The GBAH.

If people really want the hat in some form, how about creating a "Fantasia" partners statute with Walt bending down and shaking Sorcerer Mickey's hand. A blend of two separate scenes from Fantasia. It would be a nod to what was there before without obstructimg the theatre.
fantasia_1940_495x329_905669.jpg

kucarachi

Does this mean everything is real if I do believe in it? What is fake and what is real anyway? Is not the fake theater a real structure? Will any semblance of sentience be left once my atoms are dispersed to the stars?

You ran out of fairy dust again didn't you...

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Well you take away the hat what would you use to represent the park now? The other 3 parks can be described with, The castle, The ball, and the tree. I think most people would say Disney Studios...the one that used to have the hat. Your going to have to put in another landmark

I don't give two s what they use on their marketing material because Hollywood Blvd. looks like it is supposed to.

JohnD

it's on the backlot tour isn't it? you can't make the landmark of your park something that has been shut down or about to be replaced. The TOT i guess would be the best choice but not sure a ride should be the representation of that parks essence.

So to be an icon it has to be a BA something right in front of the Theatre? Please people, can we just excise this idea from our thought processes?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The tour went by it because it was an established landmark in its own right....

lazyboy97o

Pretty much everything is fake if you don't believe in it. The tree of life is a focal point, and the heart of the entire Animal Kingdom. I liked the hat and i liked the wand over Epcot. If your going to build fake things, then do it Vegas style.
Then go to Vegas.

If people really want the hat in some form, how about creating a "Fantasia" partners statute with Walt bending down and shaking Sorcerer Mickey's hand. A blend of two separate scenes from Fantasia. It would be a nod to what was there before without obstructimg the theatre.
fantasia_1940_495x329_905669.jpg
That's not Walt...

kucarachi

Ya'll please ignore the troll before this becomes another debate on whether or not the Country Bears are racist. (Yes...that has happened before when people take the bait from you-know-who.) Ignore & move along.

If you throw the term troll at anyone that has a different opinion than you do, that makes you seem a little bit righteous. If you had named this thread, anybody that likes the hat can suck it i would have looked for a nicer place to voice my opinion. I understand i am the minority and my people (hat & wand) are not accepted in a free society. The bears aren't racist, just boring to me, you can enjoy them all you want i walk around the attraction, just like you could have walked around the hat.

JohnD

nobody said it had to be in the middle of the park....But it should be in a section of the park that's still open

It's a water tower! All you could do is look at it while on the tour. It's not like you could climb into the thing. Are there any other Earful Towers at WDW? No. Is a water tower a recognizable symbol of a studio? Yes. Disney just Mickeyed it up. (Next up. Still can't be used be because HS is no longer a working studio. There is just no pleasing some people.)

lazyboy97o

Seriously. It's an homage. I realize that is Leopold Stowkowski. It's a representation. Walt replaces Stokowski. Sorcerer Mickey replaces black tie and tail Mickey. Use some imagination.
There is still no connection to Hollywood Blvd, just a platitude that people aren't supposed to question because it has Walt and Mickey. Partners was at least reacting to something.

JohnD

There is still no connection to Hollywood Blvd, just a platitude that people aren't supposed to question because it has Walt and Mickey. Partners was at least reacting to something.

Just throwing out an idea, like Mr. Toad handing over the deed to Owl, 20,000 leagues sub engraved in Little Mermaid queue. I merely offered up the idea to those who had sentiment for the BAH. Probably won't happen anyway.

BrerJon

Whatever is constructed around it, I doubt the tower is going anywhere. If anything, once construction is finished, guests should see more of it as I doubt the former site of the tour will be anything other than an expansion for new lands and attractions, so they should be able to walk right up to it.

MonkeyHead

Well you take away the hat what would you use to represent the park now? The other 3 parks can be described with, The castle, The ball, and the tree. I think most people would say Disney Studios...the one that used to have the hat. Your going to have to put in another landmark

The Earful Tower was ALWAYS the icon. The fact that you even called Spaceship Earth "the ball" says more than anything.

JohnD

Whatever is constructed around it, I doubt the tower is going anywhere. If anything, once construction is finished, guests should see more of it as I doubt the former site of the tour will be anything other than an expansion for new lands and attractions, so they should be able to walk right up to it.

Completely agree. Earful Tower isn't going anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom