Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Hyperspace Hoopla

I'd heard that they took th stage down shortly after the Villains party. If true, does anyone know where they plan to hold the Hoopla at SWW next May? I always thought the Indy theater would be a better fit.

aladdin2007

I'd heard that they took th stage down shortly after the Villains party. If true, does anyone know where they plan to hold the Hoopla at SWW next May? I always thought the Indy theater would be a better fit.

I dont think the stage ever came down, its been there for quite awhile now and they decided to just leave the atrocity up on a permanent basis (to save $ of course),,,,anyone know more?

cookiee_munster

the park is going through a right identity crisis at the moment. i think very much in the same vein as california adventure, and of course the clone park over in paris.

i guess when you try to bring all sorts of IP's into a park that may not always have appeal in the future there's always mishaps.

i think i must be the only one that wouldn't mind seeing the hat AND the chinese theatre go and have the park build a new "weenie" to act as the parks central icon/attraction that summarizes what the "new" park is all about.

i think unless your actually into the golden age of hollywood, i don't think many folk know what exactly the chinese theatre is/means these days?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Guess I need to bring these out again.... :)

Before%2BHat.jpg

P01-002.JPG

rsoxguy

Those photos prove that the BAH looks much better than the tiny Chinese theater. They just need to enlarge the pin selling station under the BAH and turn it into a full sized gift shop with generic Disney items for all.
Yes, that, and a small DVC table with a photo album and signup sheet.

I was just there Sept27-Oct8. The big SWW stage is not there. They had a much smaller "stage" with a podium and lights for a DJ that played music during the Villains Bash for the 10 miler. The big stage goes up a week(s) or so before SWW for I am assuming dress and pyro rehearsals for the Hoopla. Besides the side events like Monsters or Unleash the Villains of course.

IowaHawks7

The hat just looks awful. I mean I know people have been saying that Disney has been changing the "icon" when its pictured with the other 3 icons. One picture has ToT, another has the earful tower, and another has the Chinese Theater. So who knows if this is any hint at all.. I hope it is but theres no way any of us can tell

ToTBellHop

The hat just looks awful. I mean I know people have been saying that Disney has been changing the "icon" when its pictured with the other 3 icons. One picture has ToT, another has the earful tower, and another has the Chinese Theater. So who knows if this is any hint at all.. I hope it is but theres no way any of us can tell
It's almost like they are trying to ask us what we'd like as the park icon. 2014 t-shirts will use the AT-AT. 2015 will try the spinning Miss Piggy fountain. And 2016--Dinosaur Gertie.

menamechris

The removal of the BAH has been a rumor since 2009 (the start of this thread). That's over 4 years. I can't help but think it is here to stay. And to be honest -imo- WDW has bigger fish to fry at this point. Right now the hat is just an eyesore - The fact DHS is 25 years old and still a half-day park is embarrassing.

rnese

I JUST heard from a bus driver that the Hat IS coming down in the fall of 2014. Unfortunately it is being replaced by a Giant Starbuck's Grande Coffee Cup!:eek:

Dragonrider1227

I understand the hate towards the hat but frankly, I'd rather they take out the ugly huge stage that blocks the giant hat that's supposed to be the park's icon.
Seriously. The area is rather redundant. You have a huge stage that blocks a huge hat that blocks the Chinese theater ._.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I understand the hate towards the hat but frankly, I'd rather they take out the ugly huge stage that blocks the giant hat that's supposed to be the park's icon.
Seriously. The area is rather redundant. You have a huge stage that blocks a huge hat that blocks the Chinese theater ._.

So maybe it would be easier for WDI to build something to block the stage that blocks the hat that blocks the theater. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom