Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

tdpolo26

i dont know if it has come up as a idea but what if they made the hat a covering for the bus stops they could make a horseshoe loop for the busses.... then people who like the hat get to keep it... and it provides much needed shade and covering!!!

NoChesterHester

i dont know if it has come up as a idea but what if they made the hat a covering for the bus stops they could make a horseshoe loop for the busses.... then people who like the hat get to keep it... and it provides much needed shade and covering!!!

It was originally designed for outside the entry gates.

Some have mentioned sight line issues for Epcot if it were over the bus area.

lazyboy97o

It was originally designed for outside the entry gates.

Some have mentioned sight line issues for Epcot if it were over the bus area.

I don't think there would be too many sightline issues for World Showcase over at the bus stop area or even right out front (I think out front it would just ruin the view up Hollywood Blvd). The reason placing it at the top of the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater would cause issues is because the hill would elevate the Hat. That area is also inline between the Morocco Pavilion and the Hollywood Tower Hotel, so the Hat would have the complimentary designs of these two places to contrast against, making it more visible.

Seabasealpha1

So, maybe someone else has already asked this...

When in timeframe (supposedly) does the hat come down in relation to the Star Wars/Carsland/DHS makeover? is it going to be like simultaneously or should we look for it to come down first? Last?

Captain Neo

So, maybe someone else has already asked this...

When in timeframe (supposedly) does the hat come down in relation to the Star Wars/Carsland/DHS makeover? is it going to be like simultaneously or should we look for it to come down first? Last?

There is no DHS makeover and Cars may not even be coming here now. They will slowly start the Star Wars work once the new fiscal year starts in October. Expect facilities to start closing in January.

dgp602

There is no DHS makeover and Cars may not even be coming here now. They will slowly start the Star Wars work once the new fiscal year starts in October. Expect facilities to start closing in January.
Where is that info coming from? In one sentence you are saying that there will be no Studio's makeover, but in the next you talk about Star Wars land..I'm confused. I would consider Star Wars Land a makeover. What the source of the info?

aladdin2007

Where is that info coming from? In one sentence you are saying that there will be no Studio's makeover, but in the next you talk about Star Wars land..I'm confused. I would consider Star Wars Land a makeover. What the source of the info?

Wondering as well but I think he meant the planned asthetic makeover where they were going to add lots of glitter/plussing/fixing/placemaking like Martin has mentioned, with the hat going out. But the other statement makes it sound like all of that has been canceled and the hat will remain. Dont know. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom