Is the 2018 WDW Christmas Party Worth it?

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
I was going to go for the first time this year but the price is making me second guess it.

What are you're thoughts? Is it worth it? Will you be going this year?

JIMINYCR

I personally enjoy the MNSSHP better having done both. But because you havent been to the MVMCP before, I'd say its worth going. You can check out the past events online to see if they interest you and if its valuable enough to add into your budget. Youll see exclusive holiday parades + floats, the character m&g's with characters rarely seen, some exclusive merchandise, the extra park time with less crowds gives you access to rides.
Its a great way to add to your Christmas spirit while at Disney.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
That’s an emphatic NO from me. The parties were worth it once upon a time. Now, I just can’t see the value.

Yes there are shorter lines for the attractions(marginally, until late)But the lines for the special bits are out of control. You might wait 75 minutes to meet a special character. God help you if you want to get a good view of the first parade or fireworks. They’ve reduced the number of special shows(Tomorrowland theater is now a parking lot) and raised the prices astronomically.

It’s just a cluster.....and an expensive one at that.

LUVofDIS

I have been every year since 2013 and I love the Christmas Party. At first I started going because there was basically no wait for any ride. I also fell in love with the holiday music playing everywhere and the Jingle Cruise. The parties were nice and there is all the "free" cookies and hot chocolate. The outfits and the awesome projections all over the park. Than two years ago I watched the parade, I usually don't care for parades but this one was amazing, walking toy soldiers, need I say more. before 2016 we would watch the fireworks from Aladdin's Magic Carpets, it was pretty cool. Then we watched from Main Street and wow, it was wonderful.

With all this being said, I feel the MNSSHP parade is better and the overall vibe is stronger, but I still prefer WDW at Christmas (that is a few weeks before Christmas).

The price is starting to get out of line and last year I believe most nights sold out so it can get fairly crowed, and because of this the prices will probably continue to grow.

There is just a more magical feeling during the party. When we go to WDW in December we do the party twice. It's not bad for us as there are just two us.

All-in-all it is worth it for us and if you can afford it I would strongly suggest you try it once to see if you like it, but don't be surprised if you get hooked and have a strong desire to do it again.

ppete1975

I will say I had a blast and thought it was my best time at the magic kingdom, but I don't do character meets. I also went in early November to mid November as well so that might have helped. To me it felt like Christmas more than anything in years, there were no lines, I liked the treats, the parades and the whole thing. This was also in 2015.

Nick Pappagiorgio

I have always enjoyed the parties. They have good parades, special character experiences. I haven't been to a Halloween or Christmas party in about 6 years because of travel scheduling issues, but I plan to hit both again when my situation changes next year. I think the Christmas party is worth going to at least once if your finances allow it.

Magenta Panther

I was going to go for the first time this year but the price is making me second guess it.

Probably I won't be going this year...although you never know...but I've been to the Christmas Party twice, and I think it's worth it. It's really magical and fun. I like it better than the Halloween one, FWIW.

BoarderPhreak

It's kinda cool. You get to stay in the park until quite late, get cookies and hot chocolate and a snow storm party on Main St. USA.

L1007066.jpg

crawale

No, it is not worth the money. The Park will be so crowded you will not be able to move. We went two years ago and could only walk up Main Street in one direction it was so crowded. Disney sell these events to capacity. Same with the Halloween party - far too crowded.

Maddie Terwilliger

I loved it. I went for the first time this past November and it was really fun. Cookies galore. I mean you can stuff yourself with cookies. :hilarious: They keep a ton of the rides open so the lines are much shorter and it's at night so it's colder which is such a relief. The parade was my personal favorite part of the night... however people will literally fight you for good spots. :rolleyes: I got in an argument with a family who was being super unfair and rude about spots for the parade. But, that's any Disney parade. It was stressful, but it was worth it.

Maddie Terwilliger

No, it is not worth the money. The Park will be so crowded you will not be able to move. We went two years ago and could only walk up Main Street in one direction it was so crowded. Disney sell these events to capacity. Same with the Halloween party - far too crowded.

Really! When did you go? I didn't realize it could get that crowded!

BoarderPhreak

It definitely can be crowded! People are paying for this event, and will be there the entire time - unlike typical park hours where families with kids bail as evening strikes, etc.

BackOTheLine

We went for the first time this past year and weren’t completely blown away. I mean sure it’s cool to be there late - and you can get quite a few rides in - but the snacks aren’t any better than you can buy in bulk at your local Costco, imo. For us that’s a lot of money for just “meh”

We actually enjoyed the Hollywood Studios Christmas celebration more. We found it more entertaining, it wasn’t extra, and they made it snow as well.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Wouldn’t it be nice if WDW just had these extras as a nightly thing for all guests during X-Mas time? Instead of closing the park at 6p, throwing out regular guests then letting in the guest who ponied up double the dough? Crazy thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom