Is summer the new low season?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'll be in EPCOT on Thursday. Apparently that's the park you're supposed to visit for the least amount of crowds to avoid EMH and such... Am I correct on this??

Either way, it wouldn't matter if EPCOT is crowded or not. People only crowd up on M:S, Soarin, and TT. Everything else is still just as enjoyable to me and a walk-on. So, EPCOT is always a win-win! :)

davidc1578

That's loco. I'm so, so sorry.
You must not have kids.:) We were more than ready to send ours back last week here in Central Indiana. Plus that gives them a 2 week break in October that we will be spending most of in Disney World. It's a win-win for us! We have been in June, Spring Break, week after New Years and early October. October was the least busy and by far our favorite time to visit while working around school schedules.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I'll be in EPCOT on Thursday. Apparently that's the park you're supposed to visit for the least amount of crowds to avoid EMH and such... Am I correct on this??

Either way, it wouldn't matter if EPCOT is crowded or not. People only crowd up on M:S, Soarin, and TT. Everything else is still just as enjoyable to me and a walk-on. So, EPCOT is always a win-win! :)
That isnt entirely true. Spaceship Earth can get 40 minute waits these days.

JIMINYCR

Summer season crowds have fluctuated at times because of the economy. I think many people are either not taking the same amount of days for their Disney vacations as they used to or they are waiting longer in between visits. And some are after experiencing the heat and humidity are looking for alternate months to go.

SCB502

Original Poster
We got really lucky because it was not that hot last week. Yes it was still in the 90's but it didn't seem that bad. Maybe I had myself psyched up for it. But like I said, there were only two times where I remember thinking " Holy hell, it's hot!".

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
That isnt entirely true. Spaceship Earth can get 40 minute waits these days.

Usually only during morning to early afternoon. I've been checkin up randomly on wait times for Epcot on the "My Disney Experience app" and it seems to always have a 15 or less minute wait after about 2 or 3.

But yes, it does get up there at the beginning of the day! It doesn't last all day though. At least not right now in early August I guess.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

You will never see me at Disney World in the middle of summer. Its nice where I live this time of year and I only get 5 full months of it, 6 if i'm lucky. I go when its cold here and nice in Florida. No point of sweltering in the summer and an extra week or 2 of freezing by butt off in the winter.

HatboxGhost

I went last September and it was MOBBED
I went to WDW last September and had no problem with wait times. The only chaotic time was on F13 at HS during the Unleash the Villains party. THAT was mobbed!! DId you go during the food and wine festival?

Last edited:

PrincessNelly_NJ

Yeah @HatboxGhost I went the week of labor day and it was amazing!
The longest wait we had was oddly Mission Space, 25 minutes! But everything else was walk on or 40 minutes or less.

no, it was Sept.14th-22 HORRIBLE

Give September another chance! LOL We arrive on labor day and it is always hot but the lines are short. Even space had a high of 25-30 minutes during our trip.

mjmoral

The GF and I last went to the World during late July/early August of 2012. We were shocked at how uncrowded it seemed. Then again, the last time I had gone was during the pre-fastpass days of the summer of 1994. The non-FP rides seemed to be a walk-on to 10 minute wait. I remember waiting 30 min to an hour for Pirates. In 2012, it was maybe a five minute wait.

The thing that really surprised me was the ease in finding a spot to view parades. I would read on here about people claiming viewing spots hours in advance. We happened to be in Frontier Land right before the 3:00 parade began. When we heard the music, we had no problem finding an unblocked viewing area. I was so surprised that I did a 360 check to make sure we hadn't accidentally stepped in front of anyone, but couldn't see anyone that we were blocking. Maybe because we were in Frontier Land? Anywho, it seemed much less crowded that I remembered/ was expecting.

For me it's not as much the crowds as the heat , it's so much easier to handle the crowds when it is not sweltering.
I agree with this. We've only ever really had time to go during the summer months (earliest we ever made it was late April which was super lucky) because of school also and my Disney bucket list consists of going during the Christmas season. A friend of mine who did go during that time told me I was crazy because it was just so crowded. But I'd much rather deal with the peak crowds when the weather isn't crazy hot (I don't like heat so I've never been particularly fond of only being able to go in the summer).

no, it was Sept.14th-22 HORRIBLE

Those were the exact days that we went last year and most of the rides were 20 to 30 minutes. However, we have young kids so we would go very early and then to lunch around 1:30 or 2:00 everyday and then head back to the resort so that may be why we really didn't see the long wait times.

I think the reason summer is less crowded and fall is becoming more crowded is due to many of the schools (especially in the South) going to a fall break. This is when we went last year and we love it because it is not as hot and we get the lower resort rates due to value season.

Last edited:

Obi

went last September during the week of the 16th. Didn't seem overly crowded to me. The longest wait, for us, in line was tsm at 30-40 minutes. We walked on several rides, including btmrr and HM.

We got really lucky because it was not that hot last week. Yes it was still in the 90's but it didn't seem that bad. Maybe I had myself psyched up for it. But like I said, there were only two times where I remember thinking " Holy hell, it's hot!".
We thought it was just us!! We went July 19-24 and it was hot but not bad. The resort & parks were empty as compared to our other trips in march & October. We stayed at Pop and no one was to the left or right of us. I mean no one!! It was alittle creepy but very quiet. Parking lot empty and parks were very manageable. Very low wait times and very low crowds. If the summer is going to be like this, we will def be back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom