Is something happening in Future World West in November?

Exomonia

Original Poster
I have recently been trying to book the Garden Grill for breakfast in December, to no avail (even with the 180+8 day window). It just kept saying no reservations were available... but what I found interesting to note was neither were lunch or dinner.

I worked back on this, and found out that the 22nd of November seems to be the last day reservations (at all) are available for the Garden Grill. Not only this, but Coral Reef (I checked for interest, not to book) has availability on the 23rd (Garden Grill doesn't) yet "closes" that day - meaning no reservations taken for Coral Reef from the 24th of November onward.

With these two restaurants displaying this within a day's proximity, is this a simple glitch, or an indication of something to come?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Nothing is going on near future world west and It's not a glitch this is normal for some Epcot restaurants in Late Nov/December after Thanksgiving. They get released later once plans for Candlelight Processional are released and they figure out how many tables to hold for the CP package etc at each meal. Then the rest of the regular reservations will be released. Happens every single year. Just keep checking. ;)

Last edited:

Exomonia

Original Poster
Nothing is going on near future world west and It's not a glitch this is normal for some Epcot restaurants in Late Nov/December after Thanksgiving. They get released later once plans for Candlelight Processional are released and they figure out how many tables to hold for the CP package etc at each meal. Then the rest of the regular reservations will be released. Happens every single year. Just keep checking. ;)
That's true, and a good point. Yet the fact that breakfast is not being offered differs from this - usually they would only temporarily close off lunch and dinner. As well as that, all the World Showcase restaurants show full availability. I can understand Coral Reef perhaps being this, but the Garden Grill does intrigue me. From memory, it (compared to Coral Reef) is not normally blocked off completely, especially not for breakfast. Then again - I am most likely just wrong :p

sxeensweet

That's true, and a good point. Yet the fact that breakfast is not being offered differs from this - usually they would only temporarily close off lunch and dinner. As well as that, all the World Showcase restaurants show full availability. I can understand Coral Reef perhaps being this, but the Garden Grill does intrigue me. From memory, it (compared to Coral Reef) is not normally blocked off completely, especially not for breakfast. Then again - I am most likely just wrong :p

They likely added breakfast as an option so they can sell more packages this year that's all it probably is. Some of the world showcase ones too loaded later but are now there and have been there a week or so maybe a little longer there was a few days some of those people had problems with too, but some always straggle behind every year. Just keep checking I don't think it's a coincidence it's starting on 11/24 the very day CP starts. Also The Land where GG is includes the newly refurbished Soarin' so highly doubt the land would have anything going on to close it etc. Just keep checking. ;)

Exomonia

Original Poster
They likely added breakfast as an option so they can sell more packages this year that's all it probably is. Some of the world showcase ones too loaded later but are now there and have been there a week or so maybe a little longer there was a few days some of those people had problems with too, but some always straggle behind every year. Just keep checking I don't think it's a coincidence it's starting on 11/24 the very day CP starts. Also The Land where GG is includes the newly refurbished Soarin' so highly doubt the land would have anything going on to close it etc. Just keep checking. ;)
Great! Yeah I am thinking you are right - hopefully a breakfast package is on offer, I much prefer to get the packages on a pre-costed meal than an ala carte three-course style, which I would've probably looked into for a WS restaurant down the track! Thanks for your time :)

sxeensweet

Great! Yeah I am thinking you are right - hopefully a breakfast package is on offer, I much prefer to get the packages on a pre-costed meal than an ala carte three-course style, which I would've probably looked into for a WS restaurant down the track! Thanks for your time :)

You are so very welcome!! ROL started offering breakfast as options for its packages at Tusker House there and that has gone well. So they may be adding Garden Grill as an extra option for breakfast offering that people never had a choice of for CP packages. I of course could be completely wrong lol ..but hopefully we will see soon. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom