Is SeaWorld preparing for a Sale?

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster

If this is true Universal should try and scoop it up and build a real 3rd park.

Minthorne

I heard that the Holy Land Experience was interested in buying. They are planning to do a "Jonah and Whale" hotel to compete with Star Wars Hotel at Disney as well as the "Part the Red Sea with Me" Musical stage show and dance party. Also a Noah M&G.

What are the odds of SeaWorld parks losing money and being bought by another buyer? Which could be universal? I read on a site that it could be highly unlikely but it could be like a Universal themed sea park!!!!! Which would be awesome! Jaws could have a new home!!!!! Fit in nicely with the animal exhibits. Maybe a Jurassic World lagoon show!!!!!!!!! Just dreaming but it would be nice if Uni had any slight chance of picking up that SeaWorld land in Orlando and do a total transformation into a future Universal park.

seascape

What are the odds of SeaWorld parks losing money and being bought by another buyer? Which could be universal? I read on a site that it could be highly unlikely but it could be like a Universal themed sea park!!!!! Which would be awesome! Jaws could have a new home!!!!! Fit in nicely with the animal exhibits. Maybe a Jurassic World lagoon show!!!!!!!!! Just dreaming but it would be nice if Uni had any slight chance of picking up that SeaWorld land in Orlando and do a total transformation into a future Universal park.
Universal is the least likely buyer. They are spending billions on their expansion on the land they just purchased. Disney is a more likely buyer but even they are unlikely. I think the most likely buyer is Six Flags, but Merlin is possible as well as Cedar Fair and the Chinese. In reality, Seaworld will likely remain independent.

Universal is the least likely buyer. They are spending billions on their expansion on the land they just purchased. Disney is a more likely buyer but even they are unlikely. I think the most likely buyer is Six Flags, but Merlin is possible as well as Cedar Fair and the Chinese. In reality, Seaworld will likely remain independent.
I know it would be cool if universal bought SeaWorld so we could see the mossasaur from
Jurassic World have that lagoon show from the first movie and bring back JAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I personally think Jaws is still relevant even though a movie hasn’t come out in awhile because of all the latest shark movies that have come out. Like the Meg, the shallows, 47 meters down and it looks like a sequel is coming out next month. The Meg is getting a theme park attraction in China along with a sequel to The Meg so we will see “.

seascape

Why would Universal bother buying SeaWorld?

The brand is damaged, you'd have to deal with the headaches of either getting rid of the orcas or keeping them on and having the negative PR affect your other parks, and what's left at the Orlando park outside of the animal shows is largely below what Universal already has (minus the Sesame Street facades, which is really something special).

Starting from scratch with their new park makes way more sense.
I agree with you that Universal would gain nothing buying Seaworld. For years they had the joint ticket plan with Seaworld and it didn't help and that was before Blackfish. Now' can Seaworld make a full comeback? It is very possible. They need to fully advertise their animal rescue and their monetary contributions. Disney does a great job in that area. They are giving $5.00 per plush sale of Lion King animals to Lion Fund. They are also giving $2.00 for each Safari ride. Seaworld should do tne same for sealife and massively advertise it. Now, if Disney were to buy Seaworld it would have an automatic large increase in attendance and profits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom