Is Sanaa discontinuing lunch service this winter?

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
I was doing some recon for an upcoming trip on the WDW dining website, and it's showing that Sanaa will be closed for lunch after 12/30/19 (only dinner hours are displayed, and only dinner ADRs can be made, for January 1 - February 1, the current 180-day date).

It seems weird they would shut down during lunch hours in the winter, given that earlier sunsets mean that guests who want a good look at the animals at Sanaa could only do so at lunch anyway. Any insights as to why, and/or whether this change is expected to be permanent? We were hoping to finally get there in February, but only if lunch is a possibility...

Last edited:

Rsj88

I noticed that as well. I was hoping for a lunch adr in January. At first I assumed it was booked up for the date we wanted but then I realized it just wasn’t available. I’m hoping it is just a glitch and hasn’t been loaded.

HouCuseChickie

I had posted about this a few weeks ago on here and a couple of other forums. Nobody seems to know for sure. There's not a single lunch spot 1/1/20 and on. It bites since I was really hoping to go for lunch and am currently stuck with an early dinner slot.

HouCuseChickie

I think there's hope. It wasn't there yesterday, but someone alerted me that the site was updated today to now show lunch hours for 2020. It's still showing no availability, but this looks promising...

Nottamus

I like how there was never any breakfast info listed on site...but it was still one of my favorite quick service breakfasts I've had at WDW

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
I think there's hope. It wasn't there yesterday, but someone alerted me that the site was updated today to now show lunch hours for 2020. It's still showing no availability, but this looks promising...

Thank you! You're right - it looks like February lunches are available. Looking forward to booking one for my family (for February 2020) in a couple of weeks. :)

Nottamus

even though you sit at a table...its really charged to you like a quick service. AND they have grab & go items there as well, quick service. And they never have posted a menu anywhere.

For Dinner and lunch its definite table service

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom