Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changing its theme soon?

seascape

Yep and I don’t see Universal upping it if it doesn’t make sense.
The Simpson's are in all the universal parks while in about 10 years the only park in the Universal system with any Marvel Characters will by in Floirida but Marvel Characters will be in every Disney park. So if the Simpson contract does expire which contract would be more important to Universal?

imperius

The Simpson's are in all the universal parks while in about 10 years the only park in the Universal system with any Marvel Characters will by in Floirida but Marvel Characters will be in every Disney park. So if the Simpson contract does expire which contract would be more important to Universal?
Marvel 100%z

Bocabear

I have always like Rock N RollerCoaster and thought it was very well done and a lot of fun... that said, the theming and placement always seemed off to me... The ride itself is great, and I would certainly not mind a complete thematic overhaul...Something with a more engaging pre and post show and more settings in the Gravity building... But if they retheme I hope it is something harmonious to the Sunset Boulevard location.... Unless maybe they create a back street linking the Animation courtyard with it through a new Toontown area ...for example....

righttrack

It doesn't need much, it's still arguably the number one or number two draw in that park. As for continuous improvement, maybe some updating here and there.

righttrack

what is the theme of this park again?

seinfeld-628x353.jpg

c-one

The overall theme is one thing but I still can't move past how awful the preshow video looks when compared to, say, the Harry Potter ones across town or even the surprisingly decent screens in DCA's Guardians Tower.

The band members probably prefer pre-HD video at this point, though.

Incomudro

I just went to Kia's website (I like cars too) and when you bring up the Kia Stinger, there's a very nice photo of Tyler with the car.
Clearly there's marketability left in the man.

Phil12

I just went to Kia's website (I like cars too) and when you bring up the Kia Stinger, there's a very nice photo of Tyler with the car.
Clearly there's marketability left in the man.
Yes but who in their right mind wants to be associated with Kia? After all Kia has used Blake Griffin and LeBron James to tout their cars in the past. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they select Tonya Harding to be their next spokesperson.

Last edited:

No Name

So Steven Tyler starred in another Superbowl commercial. Everyone I was watching with, and I presume everyone watching everywhere, was scratching their heads in confusion. "Who is this guy?" they all asked. When will stupid Disney ever learn that Steven Tyler is not only completely irrelevant, but that RnRC is a terrible attraction because of it, and should be rethemed to some movie franchise? After the ride starring Rod Serling is rethemed, of course.

Why have variety? Why have rides celebrating stardom and the entertainment industry instead of just movie franchises!!??
;)

Last edited:

dizneeboy

I have always like Rock N RollerCoaster and thought it was very well done and a lot of fun... that said, the theming and placement always seemed off to me... The ride itself is great, and I would certainly not mind a complete thematic overhaul...Something with a more engaging pre and post show and more settings in the Gravity building... But if they retheme I hope it is something harmonious to the Sunset Boulevard location.... Unless maybe they create a back street linking the Animation courtyard with it through a new Toontown area ...for example....

I've loved this ride since first getting on it during its soft open back in the day. Always felt that entering the courtyard through through sitting in the coaster seat before the entrance tunnel was really well done and then they just let the coaster experience take over from there since you would fly past any scenery anyway. My biggest complaint these days is that I always seem to get a headache after riding due to the head banging...ok for rock concerts, not ok for roller coasters ; ) still love it (and Aerosmith) though.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
So Steven Tyler starred in another Superbowl commercial. Everyone I was watching with, and I presume everyone watching everywhere, was scratching their heads in confusion. "Who is this guy?" they all asked. When will stupid Disney ever learn that Steven Tyler is not only completely irrelevant, but that RnRC is a terrible attraction because of it, and should be rethemed to some movie franchise? After the ride starring Rod Serling is rethemed, of course.

Why have variety? Why have rides celebrating stardom and the entertainment industry instead of just movie franchises!!??
;)
Not a terrible attraction by any means...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom