Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changing its theme soon?

Phil12

I LOVE Aerosmith. It would kill me to see this change. But let's face facts- Aerosmith hasn't crafted a hit in years. When it opened in 1999, they were still producing hit singles even if the albums they came off flopped (PINK, anyone?). They were the perfect band because people who grew up in the 60s, 70s, 80s AND 90s knew who they were. It's been years since they've been relevant in the mainstream though, especially with the death of music videos and the constant changing format of Top 40 radio.

I can see an eventual change, but it's tough because we live in an age where there's little band/brand loyalty and few musical artists have had the longevity to span so many decades and reach young and old audiences...unless the ride offers a variety of bands/artists to choose from, much like that other coaster down the road. Or they can retheme it to a coaster not based on a music property but that uses musical elements, much like the Star Wars overlay recently.
It's obvious that they need to get rid of Aerosmith and change to Rappin Rollercoaster:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
If they do re-theme it, I don't expect them to use another popular band or musical act....too risky as far as possible loss of popularity, controversy, etc.

Plus there's almost no "timeless" acts that are popular right now.

Brer Oswald

I think it would fit well to re-theme to Roger Rabbit...where it's old school Hollywood in front of ride, the ride is the journey into toon town...then the exit is in rear of building, spilling you out into animation courtyard, which could be expanded with animation across disney/pixar properties, even butting up next to toy story land, with a secondary entrance.
I thought about that too. Instead of the stretch limos, you could have stretch Benny the Cabs......actually, make that a SUPER stretch Benny the cabs! :hilarious:

Incomudro

I think it would fit well to re-theme to Roger Rabbit...where it's old school Hollywood in front of ride, the ride is the journey into toon town...then the exit is in rear of building, spilling you out into animation courtyard, which could be expanded with animation across disney/pixar properties, even butting up next to toy story land, with a secondary entrance.
Please no.

rsm

Wasn't there another limo-themed celebrity-centric ride that was pretty popular at some other park? Maybe they should incorporate that.

smile

Whatever the retheme is, I sure hope they use the same plywood and florescent paint that the current ride has. *sarcasm*

https://memeguy.com/photos/thumbs/mrw-asked-if-the-bottle-of-wine-i-brought-is-any-good-106032.gif

a: alright, we've got a spaghetti bowl in a box with cardboard and neon - how much worse can we possibly make this? any ideas?
b: aerosmith?
brilliant-guinness-o.gif

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom