Is Mr. Gold's Pawnbroker shop on the Streets of America new?

JimboJones123

Original Poster
We just stumbled upon it for the first time yesterday.

They have some very up to date stuff too, like the Heroes and Villains book. But not the new name on The Dark One's dagger.

20150607_165042.jpg
20150607_165003.jpg

YodaMan

Is this an actual shop or just a sign?

This is the storefront furthest down the road (nearest LMA and across from Cinderella's Carriage). A few weeks back, they added signs on the window that said "Mr. Gold Pawnbroker." As of Friday, they added additional signage hanging from above as well as filled the display windows with props from the TV show. But being Streets of America, it is of course just a storefront and there is no way to get "inside" the store.

wannabeBelle

This is the storefront furthest down the road (nearest LMA and across from Cinderella's Carriage). A few weeks back, they added signs on the window that said "Mr. Gold Pawnbroker." As of Friday, they added additional signage hanging from above as well as filled the display windows with props from the TV show. But being Streets of America, it is of course just a storefront and there is no way to get "inside" the store.
Sadly!!!! I love OUAT and have watched it from the beginning. What a great walk through type of attraction that would be, and an even better gift shop!!! I can name a number of things that I'd love from the show. The Dark one's dagger for starters!!! Glad that Disney is being super relevant and current with this though. Marie

habuma

Sadly!!!! I love OUAT and have watched it from the beginning. What a great walk through type of attraction that would be, and an even better gift shop!!! I can name a number of things that I'd love from the show. The Dark one's dagger for starters!!! Glad that Disney is being super relevant and current with this though. Marie

As much as I'm usually not prone to buy too much customized stuff (such as myself as a Star Wars action figure), I might be convinced to part with some $$$ just to get a dagger with *MY* name on it. Of course, with safety and security being a concern, the dagger would probably need to be plastic and that would ruin the awesomeness of it. Otherwise, someone might try to take it from me and kill me with it so that they could be the Dark One.

So...never mind, dearie. :)

wannabeBelle

Ah but if the dagger was shipped to your home, similar to what they do with the weapons in the Japanese Pavilion in EPCOT..................No issue and no chance of anyone using the dagger to kill or compel you, so that works out very well!!! And as far as the money, All magic comes with a price Dearie!!!! Marie

Mr Bill

Does anyone have a pic of the building before the addition? Was there anything of interest there previously?

eta: Was it the jewelry store before?

Streets%20of%20America.jpg
It was the jewelry store. The window was most recently a display for some Georgia-Pacific products, mainly a stack of Angel Soft toilet paper designed to look like a tree, complete with tissue leaves falling to the ground.

Progress City USA has a thorough article on the old window display here.

rct247

I'll miss the Isherwood Diamonds sign. Love the pun... what does a woman say when presented with a diamond ring and will you marry me? I Sure Would = Isherwood

EOD K9

Was that the old Isherwood Jeweler's? Also, I'd rather try to deal with Rick over Les any day of the week.

Disregard the first question. I see @rct247 beat me to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom