Is Kona Cafe worth a dining credit?

juliaf08

Hi! I am planning a trip in November and I currently have a dinner reservation at Kona Cafe because my boyfriend wanted a steak and Kona looked like a good deal as it’s only 1 credit. Is Kona Cafe worth a credit? It seems like the entrees are just a steak with no sides. Also is sushi available on the dining plan? Has anyone been there and can tell me about going with the dining plan? Thanks!

WDWmazprty

Love Kona! But we usually go for breakfast. Although I hear dinner is good and using a credit there wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I'm sure it'll be fine for dinner there.

Upvote 0

juliaf08

Original Poster
Thanks so much! My boyfriend wants to get one of the steaks for dinner I'm assuming sides aren't included with the dining plan right?

Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
I was in WDW last week with a group and two of friends went there for dinner one night because they had an extra table service credit that they needed to use. They ended not using the credit at Kona because they didnt think it was worth it. They used it elsewhere.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I wasnt wowed by Kona for dinner as the selection for me is a little odd. I love the breakfast there, although I'd pay for that out of pocket and save the dining credit for a more expensive meal. Have you looked into the Wave for dinner? I have eaten there twice in the last few months and it was dynamite both times. Check out the menu here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...-restaurant-of-american-flavors/menus/dinner/ Be sure to scroll down to get beyond the Thanksgiving day menu. Enjoy! Marie

Upvote 0

juliaf08

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the input! We chose Kona because my boyfriend wanted a good steak and we're going to MK to see Happily Ever After that night, also to complicate things more I'm gluten free so we thought Kona would be good but the more I look into their menu it looks like he would be able to get a steak but nothing with it. Although I do love the Poly so I'm very torn.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I got the filet at the Wave, if that helps any. It came with potatoes gratin and I believe I got broccoli as well. The red wine sauce it was in was great!!! Marie

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom