Is it worth the Fantasmic dinner package price at this time of year?

ruufbch

Original Poster
When the crowds are supposedly low, does it make sense to get the Fantasmic dinner package or is there no big line to wait in?

Ralphlaw

This time of year, I wouldn't bother unless it's a Saturday. We were there on a weekend in November, and we had no trouble getting decent seats The dinner package is quite expensive, and it's really not worth it unless it's super busy. Have fun.

Can anyone (someone from Kingdom Konsultants) konfirm (sorry. got carried away) whether or not the Fantasmic Dinner package can be used in combination with the dining plan? If so, how do I sign up? I am planning for Christmas of this year...so everywhere will be crowded.

Johnny

Ciciwoowoo

I had the same question for a CM recently, as I switched to the Dining Plan (DVC member). The Fantasmic dinner and tickets are covered by the dining plan...If you do the Brown Derby, it is 2 sit down meals.

I'm not quite sure if it is worth that...If you do the Brown Derby and Tickets outright, its $37.99. Now that price is well worth it. You can't go to the Brown Derby and order what you could for the same price. I'm still debating whether I am going to pay outright for the Brown Derby thing and save that sit down meal for a nice character breakfast instead.

colliera

Yes it is worth it.

I've done it both ways and money wise I came out better with the package at the Brown Derby. I will be doing it week after next.

Nicole

If you are going to eat a sit down meal anyway I think the dinner package is well worth it. Even during the off season you need to get your seats for Fantasmic an hour ahead, more if you want to sit up close.

I like the buffet at Hollywood & Vine, and it's not particularly expensive as Disney dining goes.

hansel1

I just got back from my honeymoon and we used the disney dining plan for the fantasmic package (hollywood and vine). We had to use our credit card to hold the package, but we were not charged. We arrived at fantasmic 45 minutes prior to the show and there was plenty of room in both sections right up until 10 minutes before show time.

PigletIsMyCat

The reserved seating for guest with the Fantasmic! dinner package is all the way to the side of the seating area. And it isn't limited: if they have 2,000 seats 'reserved', and sell packages for 2,500 people, 500 people have to find their own seats. So you still have to get there 45 min to an hour early. Personally, I would rather get there over an hour early, get a great seat more towards the middle, and grab a hot dog and pretzel for dinner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom