Is it worth spending time at Hollywood Studios?

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I'm getting a vibe here that the current state of HS leaves a lot to be desired. I understand that park is undergoing some major renovations with Star Wars and Toy Story, so as of now, is it worth the effort?

I'm heading to WDW this April, and my intinery is fairly full, so much so, we don't have much downtime built in, and I'm thinking of opening up a day for a waterpark/disney springs and the day I selected is the one we're going to HS. I'm not sure if we should go to HS or just use it for pool time, water park time, or other downtime.

My kids don't want to do the Rock and Roller coaster, nor are they interested in the tower of terror, so I think that limits us what we can do that day.

I have a the Fantasmic! Dining Package (Mama Melroses @1:00pm), so part of my query includes the Fantasmic light show. Given that the reservation is at 1:00, it all but means I need to spend at the very least the early part of the day at the park.

NeedMoreMickey

Like Captain America suggested we usually do half days at parks also. I love the Star Wars night show at HS so I would want to see that on my trip. One of my favorite things to see at HS is the March of the First Order down the street. How about 1/2 day at water park and finish the night at HS?

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
I talked with my kids yesterday, and while I love to walk through the star wars Launch Bay, they're not really excited for that. They enjoy Star Wars but are no where near the level of fandom as I am. I may take 1/2 day but the more I read about HS and what's available, I do think I can better use the time at a water park or just down time.

Upvote 0

21stamps

I talked with my kids yesterday, and while I love to walk through the star wars Launch Bay, they're not really excited for that. They enjoy Star Wars but are no where near the level of fandom as I am. I may take 1/2 day but the more I read about HS and what's available, I do think I can better use the time at a water park or just down time.

Are they interested in Jedi Training Academy? (Oh and Fantasmic is a fantastic show)

HS is one of our favorite parks..we chose it over Epcot in November when in a time crunch.

My sister is going in April, her kids are 3 and 4, can’t do Rockin’ Rollercoaster, and only one can do ToT.. they chose HS over Animal Kingdom.

I’d vote to do a half day there and still get pool time. :)

However, it depends on your kids interests, if you look at all of the ‘attractions’ on the website and the kids don’t appear interested in them..go with the waterpark.

Don’t let the “Hollywood Studios is half closed!” Or “HS is a construction zone!” comments deter you though, neither is true.

Upvote 0
We were there last week. My husband and daughter are big Star Wars fans. We spent a couple of hours one evening and a half day. If they weren't into Star Wars, we would have skipped. No ToT for them and RC is not a have to. We spent half day at Blizzard Beach and it was great! It's a beautiful water park with plenty to do. Tons of chairs and shaded areas. Down time in the middle of the week is refreshing. We talk about what we want to ride again or what we missed so we can catch it on our last day.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
Are they interested in Jedi Training Academy? (Oh and Fantasmic is a fantastic show)
At 12 years old, my kids are beyond that in all honesty. The last few visits, I did infact ask if they wanted to participate, and they did not want too.

They enjoyed the Star Tours ride, but I as I mentioned, the other available rides at HS holds no interest in them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Upvote 0

21stamps

At 12 years old, my kids are beyond that in all honesty. The last few visits, I did infact ask if they wanted to participate, and they did not want too.

They enjoyed the Star Tours ride, but I as I mentioned, the other available rides at HS holds no interest in them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah ok, a waterpark sounds like a much better day for them!. I’ve never been to a Disney waterpark, but the photos look really neat.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom