Is it worth it?

PRNCSAurora

I have been thinking of planning a weekend quick trip for my husband and I. We are going through a lot and need to get away. What better place to forget our troubles than Disney?
Would it be worth it to fly down on a Thursday night and fly back on a Sunday night?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
"Worth" is subjective. :shrug:

I've flown from Ottawa and stayed one night before returning home. I had a great time, but it was a very expensive way to get a break! :lol:

Upvote 0

SMS55

That's usually what we do. We are about 3.5 hours away so we'll head up anytime that the kids have a long weekend. Not a holiday weekend, but a weekend where there's a Friday or Monday with a teacher planning day. We have seasonal passes. The crowds aren't bad at all. One thing is that we don't do everything. We consider ourselves Disney veterans. My parents took my once a year as a kid and now I go a few times a year with mine. It is hard to do everything. We go full speed and it's hard to do everything. We do most things, but we'll skip a few things because something aren't a priority for us. I think you should keep that in mind. If you don't mind skipping a few lines and you aren't flying from across the country, go for it. It does go by quickly. We go and the time passes so fast. I want to go for a few days where we can relax a little.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

We are in MA, and normally fly out of RI. We are planning to stay off site and it seems like a great way to really get away from the real world.
If you can catch a good deal on flights, it's really worth it. We've stayed onsite with no rental car and offsite with a car (price is about the same that way), and totally enjoyed both. We call them our mental health weekends!

Upvote 0

bgraham34

i did that this past march. My flight was delayed so bad I did not check into my resort until 4am on friday. And I had a class I needed to take from 9am till 1pm. Then the rest of the time was for the parks.

Upvote 0

fosse76

I have been thinking of planning a weekend quick trip for my husband and I. We are going through a lot and need to get away. What better place to forget our troubles than Disney?
Would it be worth it to fly down on a Thursday night and fly back on a Sunday night?

I've done similar weekend trips, but for Universal, not Disney. For me I haven't regretted it, even though a few of them were expensive due to the last-minute airfare.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom