Is it worth it to get the dining plan if...

wsmith1978

Original Poster
My partner and I only eat a small breakfast (muffin or oatmeal, coffee, juice) and counter service for lunch and dinner (we'd only need 1 dessert per day)?

DrummerAlly

The quick service dining plan might be the best bet for you. You can use your two credits on counter service lunch and dinners and use the snacks for breakfast. You might find that its still more food than you would usually eat - but you're on vacation... splurge! It's really convenient to have everything pre-payed. We normally aren't dessert people but we love going all out.

Disclaimer: Huge Disney Dining Plan Fan

crispy

I personally like the dining plan because we enjoy doing a table service daily and trying different restaurants. Do you do counter service because you like it better or because you are trying to save money? If you really want to do some of the table service restaurants, then the dining plan may be great for you because you pay for it in advance (or you may even get free dining) so you aren't in sticker shock. If you like doing counter service for the convenience factor or because you don't want to spend quality park time in a restaurant, then you may consider the quick service plan. If you are both just light eaters, then I would probably skip a plan altogether because any plan you go with has a lot of food.

bethymouse

The quick service dining plan might be the best bet for you. You can use your two credits on counter service lunch and dinners and use the snacks for breakfast. You might find that its still more food than you would usually eat - but you're on vacation... splurge! It's really convenient to have everything pre-payed. We normally aren't dessert people but we love going all out.

Disclaimer: Huge Disney Dining Plan Fan
I love your disclaimer! I am too, BTW.:D

wsmith1978

Original Poster
I personally like the dining plan because we enjoy doing a table service daily and trying different restaurants. Do you do counter service because you like it better or because you are trying to save money? If you really want to do some of the table service restaurants, then the dining plan may be great for you because you pay for it in advance (or you may even get free dining) so you aren't in sticker shock. If you like doing counter service for the convenience factor or because you don't want to spend quality park time in a restaurant, then you may consider the quick service plan. If you are both just light eaters, then I would probably skip a plan altogether because any plan you go with has a lot of food.

Well, we've always had the dining plan, but it was the 2nd tier, with 1 quick serve and 1 table service. We found that, while we enjoyed the food and the restaurants, it cut into precious park time too much and it forced us to work our entire day around our dinner reservation. We'd rather have the freedom to just stop anywhere we'd like and be in and out in a half hour. Last year, we left the park without using all of our quick serve credits! I was horrified LOL I think we'll go with the 2 quick serve and 1 snack plan this time. Thanks for everyone's advice!

Lisalyn

quick question regarding unused dining credits during your stay....and I apologize if this is in the wrong place but if you have credits you don't use during your stay, can you use those credits to get snack items to take home with you? Just curious! Thanks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
quick question regarding unused dining credits during your stay....and I apologize if this is in the wrong place but if you have credits you don't use during your stay, can you use those credits to get snack items to take home with you? Just curious! Thanks.
Only if they are snack credits. You can not use TS or CS credits for snacks.

real mad hatter

Just back from two weeks of Free QS dining plan.If we had to pay for it we wouldn't as we couldn't keep up with the amount of food.At the end of our 14 day vacation we had 7 meal credits left and 32 snack credits( we ended up buying Mickey rice crispy snacks & bags of candy to take home) We did have 3 ADRS at night but even so the 16" pizza at PORS was only 2 credits and fed 3 of us.The create your own pasta was enough for two people.Remember we were still getting 2 snacks per person per day so to have 84 snacks was way too much,dole whips,floats,pastries,cupcakes,the food just kept on coming.

71dsp

Snack credits, yes. When we went with another family, there were 8 of us total (4 adults and 4 kids). We had PLENTY of food to eat during the day (DDP), so we didn't use any snack credits. My wife and my friend's wife went to one of the shops and ended up buying 80-ish PEZ dispensers with left over snack credits. No problems at all using the snack credits.

dreamfinder

Do the numbers. You would only get the 2 CS meals. But both include a dessert and a soda. If you would either not normally each eat a dessert at each meal, or would share a soda or drink tap water, most likely not. Ran an example set of numbers in another thread. I think I took the most expensive meal at Columbia Harbor House and Pecos Bills, and only ended up saving like 2 bucks a day vs buying OOP. Buying cheaper items on the menu could mean you end up losing money. If you pay OOP, not consuming the desserts and sodas could easily pay for your breakfast.

Lisalyn

Snack credits, yes. When we went with another family, there were 8 of us total (4 adults and 4 kids). We had PLENTY of food to eat during the day (DDP), so we didn't use any snack credits. My wife and my friend's wife went to one of the shops and ended up buying 80-ish PEZ dispensers with left over snack credits. No problems at all using the snack credits.

Thanks to you and Master Yoda for the info - appreciate both of your help!

Lisalyn

Thanks to you and Master Yoda for the info - appreciate both of your help!

And so as not to lose any of our DDP credits (my friend is leaving 2 1/2 days before me) I made reservations at Crystal Palace, Teppen Edo and Mama Melroses! Sometimes I feel weird eating by myself but hey it is what it is!!! lol Thanks again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom