is it worth adding universal studios to vac

madhatter

Original Poster
we're taking our boys (age 2 &5) to disney for 7 full days in dec. were going to mk twice ,AK, Mgm,Epcot(half day),and a day off. we can't dcide if the other day should be universal or another day off?

MrPromey

Originally posted by madhatter
we're taking our boys (age 2 &5) to disney for 7 full days in dec. were going to mk twice ,AK, Mgm,Epcot(half day),and a day off. we can't dcide if the other day should be universal or another day off?

I would venture to say that at those ages, they wouldn’t get a whole lot out of IOA. That leaves US. If you have never been and it’s extra time, it might be worth checking out. Personally, I think many of the attractions there are rather dated but it's something other than Disney and all in all, Unversal is probably the second bigest game in town. :)

ksdave

Personally, I love USF and IOA and so does my family. However, I agree with MrPromey that, due to the age of your kids, they would not get as much out of IOA. Alot of the rides have height requirements they would not meet. USF has only one or two attractions with height requirements, so that would be a better bet. They will probably love the "kids" area where the ET, Barney, Woody Woodpecker, etc. rides/attractions are, and Nickelodean is also great for kids.
My two are DD, 12 and DS, 10 and they love IOA. Next trip, we'll do three days at USF/IOA and four days at WDW. Once they get to a certain age, alot of the attractions at MK are "too young" for them, whereas IOA/USF caters specifically to the "teens through forties" crowd.
Whatever you decide, have a great time!

MrPromey

Originally posted by ksdave
Personally, I love USF and IOA and so does my family. However, I agree with MrPromey that, due to the age of your kids, they would not get as much out of IOA. Alot of the rides have height requirements they would not meet. USF has only one or two attractions with height requirements, so that would be a better bet. They will probably love the "kids" area where the ET, Barney, Woody Woodpecker, etc. rides/attractions are, and Nickelodean is also great for kids.
My two are DD, 12 and DS, 10 and they love IOA. Next trip, we'll do three days at USF/IOA and four days at WDW. Once they get to a certain age, alot of the attractions at MK are "too young" for them, whereas IOA/USF caters specifically to the "teens through forties" crowd.
Whatever you decide, have a great time!

You did the same thing I did :rolleyes: ;). They have another thread about doing both parks in one day which I totally missed. If they stick to the attractions geared towards the younger crowd, I think they should be able to do both parks in one day. How about you?

ksdave

Yes, I believe a family with younger kids can do both parks in one day, if it isn't too crowded. You probably will not be able to do all the shows and stuff. I would suggest starting at Seuss Landing at park opening. The kids will love this area, as the rides are similar to things at MK, but done with much brighter colors and such (see my website link below for some pictures. Just click on the Themeparks link). Then I would go to USF and do ET, Curious George, Barney, Fievel's Playland, Animal Planet Live, and Woody's rollercoaster for the five-year-old. After that, try to get Express for a few of the "big" attractions" and use the baby swap for these. Hit Nickelodean if the kids are into that.

http://home.kscable.com/ksdave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom