Is it true about Accountants

bjshade23

Original Poster
I heard something that Disney is always hiring accountants, or at least people with degree's in accounting. The reason that I am asking this is because I'm working right now on my degree in accounting and was wondering if there was any truth to this.
Thanks for any info.

thumper

MkTigger....do you happen to know if there is a high turnover rate? Also, are there multiple accounting departments (one for each park, resort) and then a consolidation accounting dept that rolls up all the info?

cm1988

Finance and Accounting

Originally posted by thumper
MkTigger....do you happen to know if there is a high turnover rate? Also, are there multiple accounting departments (one for each park, resort) and then a consolidation accounting dept that rolls up all the info?
'beg Pardon Tig, as I jump in on this one...

Accounting is more centralized (mostly at Team Disney, which is across from the AMC 24 theaters at Downtown Disney). Finance, which also hires people with Accounting degrees, is at each Park, most Resorts, Team Disney, and many other locations.

You may want to keep an eye on the monster.com board for opportunities, which may include summer internships.

As for turnover... my guess is maybe higher than some other WDW technical areas... but maybe lower than similar corporations. It does seem that opportunities are posted on a regular basis in Finance.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Re: Finance and Accounting

Originally posted by cm1988

'beg Pardon Tig, as I jump in on this one...

Accounting is more centralized (mostly at Team Disney, which is across from the AMC 24 theaters at Downtown Disney). Finance, which also hires people with Accounting degrees, is at each Park, most Resorts, Team Disney, and many other locations.

You may want to keep an eye on the monster.com board for opportunities, which may include summer internships.

As for turnover... my guess is maybe higher than some other WDW technical areas... but maybe lower than similar corporations. It does seem that opportunities are posted on a regular basis in Finance.

uh... yeah.. what he said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom