Is it time for a lineup change at Akershus?

MerMom1981

Original Poster
I was just thinking... or perhaps hoping... shouldn't Anna and Elsa be added to the princess lineup at Akershus? I realize the movie just came out, but it's got to be the plan, right? Norway is the present "home" they've been given and their M&G is so popular, it's probably easier to see the Pope.

Matt_Black

I'm half tempted to say Akershus should feature the Princesses who you could reasonably expect to meet at one of the Epcot pavilions (Snow for Germany, Mulan for China, Belle & Aurora for France, etc.), but then why book a dinner there if you could meet them out in the park? Here's the line-ups I'd go with for each restaurant...

CRT: The classic princesses- Cinderella (obviously), Snow, Aurora, Belle, and maybe Ariel.
Akershus: Rapunzel, Jasmine, Anna & Elsa, and maybe a rotating princess, like Merida or Tiana.

SirLink

That would be nice...I'd love to see Anna, Elsa, Rapunzel, Merida, and possibly one other.

What may I ask do a Scottish Lords' Daughter and a Long Haired Blonde German have to do with Norway?

Really it should be just Anna and Elsa if nothing more to reduce the Toons around WS. But make the food more traditional dishes they used to have on their menu.

Matt_Black

What may I ask do a Scottish Lords' Daughter and a Long Haired Blonde German have to do with Norway?

Really it should be just Anna and Elsa if nothing more to reduce the Toons around WS. But make the food more traditional dishes they used to have on their menu.

Well, it's not like the Princesses who currently meet at Akershus make any more sense.

Though Rapunzel WAS at Elsa's coronation, and there's been some unofficial conjecture that they're cousins.

SirLink

Well, it's not like the Princesses who currently meet at Akershus make any more sense.

Though Rapunzel WAS at Elsa's coronation, and there's been some unofficial conjecture that they're cousins.

Yeah and we shouldn't further confuse the issues either.

Matt_Black

I disagree! I would love it, because then that gives me fodder for some Tangled/ Frozen crossover fanfiction! I love when Disney characters crossover, like that episode of Hercules: The Animated Series where he teamed up with Aladdin. I'd also like a Brave/ Gargoyles crossover, with the premise being that before the stone sleep curse, sometime right after Goliath takes over his leadership position, Castle Wyvern sends him and another gargoyle along with some human diplomats to Castle DunBroch and someone stop me I've put too much thought into this.

HouCuseChickie

It's not about Norway...it's about offering a vastly different princess lineup from CRT and ultimately, a more unique character dining experience.

There's also the aspect of what you get for your $. Not that character meals are by any means a bargain, but 2 characters at a meal is a joke. In fact, it's my biggest criticism of Cape May breakfast...i.e. even 3 characters is a rip off compared to the other comparably priced character meals.

SirLink

It's not about Norway...it's about offering a vastly different princess lineup from CRT and ultimately, a more unique character dining experience.

There's also the aspect of what you get for your $. Not that character meals are by any means a bargain, but 2 characters at a meal is a joke. In fact, it's my biggest criticism of Cape May breakfast...i.e. even 3 characters is a rip off compared to the other comparably priced character meals.

And that is where we have come from old WDW even in early 90s, Show > Efficiency to now where it is a Walmarted affair where Efficiency rules and Show is an afterthought of Excel Chart.

If they wanted to make it unique they would hand the Princess's their pink slips and told to hike it back to Magic Kingdom and return the traditional food of Norway, or as close to for American palettes, back to Akershus.

HouCuseChickie

And that is where we have come from old WDW even in early 90s, Show > Efficiency to now where it is a Walmarted affair where Efficiency rules and Show is an afterthought of Excel Chart.

If they wanted to make it unique they would hand the Princess's their pink slips and told to hike it back to Magic Kingdom and return the traditional food of Norway, or as close to for American palettes, back to Akershus.

OK- the reality is that the princess meal is a $ maker...not going away any time soon. It may bother you, and that's fine, but it's highly unrealistic to think it's going to be shifted to a non-character meal serving traditional Norwegian fare any time soon. And honestly, whining about it here isn't going to change anything nor was this the point of the thread.

SirLink

OK- the reality is that the princess meal is a $ maker...not going away any time soon. It may bother you, and that's fine, but it's highly unrealistic to think it's going to be shifted to a non-character meal serving traditional Norwegian fare any time soon. And honestly, whining about it here isn't going to change anything nor was this the point of the thread.

Yeah like I said TDO only cares about Efficiency > Show ... I don't see it as 'whining' unless you actually think Norway themed restaurant serving Norwegian cuisine is somehow less thematically appropriate than a Princess Meet,Greet, Grope and Dine affair ... it pleases me that shortly Iger and cronies, as well as nearly all the management of WDW will be replaced and these ... these issues will be removed. :angelic:

MerMom1981

Original Poster
I'm on board with Akershus having a totally different lineup than CRT. It should be is own special event, not 1st runner up. Just not sold on Pocahontas in Epcot. True, she's Native American, but that's not rally represented in the America pavilion... what to do with that poor girl? I always thought Frontierland was the most logical place for her...but hey! She's outdoorsy! Let's just stick her in AK...in AFRICA. That makes sense! (rant over)

Matt_Black

I always thought Frontierland was the most logical place for her...but hey! She's outdoorsy! Let's just stick her in AK...in AFRICA. That makes sense! (rant over)

When I went in October, she was meeting in Camp Minnie-Mickey. Honestly, AK isn't a bad fit for her- there's a lot of talk about conversation in AK, and that was touched on to a degree in her film.

Tiana doesn't really fit for American Adventure, either, because she's too modern, and AA is more focused on the colonial period, it seems. Certainly, that causes AA to get shafted in the live entertainment department. UK gets a rock band, Canada gets a rock band, Morocco gets a rock band, AA gets old timey choral singers and fife & drum guys. Jazz is American- throw a jazz band in there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom