Is it still tough to get Fast passes for Flights of Passage ride in Avatar land?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
We were very lucky in that when we went in May we got Fp's for one of the DVC member days. I'm set to return in April 2018 and was wondering if they are still the hottest ticket in town. Heard stories of folks really having a hard time getting ride time even at 60 days out.

Texas84

han-solo-force-awakens-memes-03.jpg

I wasn't able to get one on my recent trip. Look for an early morning and get there at 0700. You can ride it twice before general admission. Get a boat ride FastPass for about 1000.

sedati

On our last evening a tram cast member told us that Flight of Passage has fastpasses available at 11:00 each day. It was too late to test it out ourselves. Can't vouch for the information, but if you're in the park and have open spaces, give it a try.

RSoxNo1

Yes.

Although same day, keep checking the app for groups of 2. I've had luck especially if you check before 11 AM.

JustInTime

We got 2 fast passes the for FOP same day while in the park and 1 for River Journey. I just refreshed it while we were in lines.

rsm

How much of the queue does the Fastpass line for FoP get to see?

I know it's a silly question - the point of FP is to skip the line. But since this one is apparently so well themed I am curious how much you "miss" when you have a FP.

Corgi

How much of the queue does the Fastpass line for FoP get to see?

I know it's a silly question - the point of FP is to skip the line. But since this one is apparently so well themed I am curious how much you "miss" when you have a FP.

You don't get to see any of it. That's the one con of fast passing it.

clarabellej

We were very lucky in that when we went in May we got Fp's for one of the DVC member days. I'm set to return in April 2018 and was wondering if they are still the hottest ticket in town. Heard stories of folks really having a hard time getting ride time even at 60 days out.
My 60 day fastpass window opened on Jan 10th. I was pretty exhausted at 6am TX time. I had gotten worked up the night before and not slept well. My strategy was to go to day 6 if our 6 day trip first. Strategy forgotten briefly since I was half asleep. Got Na’vi day one. Keep in mind, in Tier 1 for AK your only choice is that and FOP. I came to my senses and got FOP going backwards for day 6, 5 & 4 of our trip!! The hard part was finding / other things to ride or reserve for at AK. I can’t ride thrill rides or even jerky Safari for that matter bc of a bad back. So I have a couple of Tough to be a Bug & Nemos.
Pretty excited about FOP! Some on another forum are suggesting I drop an AK day, but these things are so hard to come by, I can’t quite let go. Something I do need to drop is one or both of my ROL FPs. One is attached to a breakfast I may not keep. The other is just ROL on its own. Don’t want that one tying things up. I bought hopper already in anticipation of this. I knew that way I could grab FOP FPs but not spend an entire 4 of my 6 days at AK. Still need to tweak things, but happy I grabbed those! Good luck everyone!

clarabellej

Sorry, just wanted to add: I was doubly relieved by my luck bc I did not want to stand in a line at rope drop. Our AK mornings are EMH & very possibly we wouldn’t have made it.

Also I have also heard of good success with same day availability by constantly refreshing app.

vinnyv07

They are the hottest ticket in town. It’s difficult to get FP’s still. We have had some luck getting reservations 60 days out. Check the app because sometimes a FP will appear.

PineapplePrincess

I was able to get them for our upcoming March trip. I was worried because it's a short trip and we had AK planned for our second day and there was no ability to adjust our schedule.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom