Is it possible to book airfare & tickets (but no hotel) through Disney?

BrittanyRose428

Long story short -- my boyfriend (and 2 of our friends) booked a trip for May of this year. As it turns out our friends can't go anymore. My boyfriend and I booked it online and only put down the deposit so far, but we have the rest of the money for that vacation on Disney gift cards (just because thats how we saved for it).

So then we were thinking we would just go for One More Disney Day (like fly to Orlando in the morning, and fly out the next morning, so no hotel) since we aren't going in May anymore. Problem is that all the money we have saved is on a Disney Gift card.

Would there be any way to go about getting just tickets and airfare on that gift card without a hotel? Weird question I know lol :shrug:

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
Thats what I thought. According to disneygiftcard.com we may be able to return it though?

From the FAQ section:

Can I return the Disney Gift Card that I purchased or received as a gift?
You can return the Disney Gift Card as long as you have the original proof of purchase receipt and no funds have been deducted from the card. Each location's return policy may differ. Please contact the location.

I'm going to the mall later today anyways, so I'll stop by the Disney store there (where we bought them) and ask about that.

Upvote 0

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
That would make sense, but we're pretty much poor college students and all the money to spend on the Disney trip is on the card now lol. We're just trying not to spend more than we already spent to get the gift cards. But we could use them for tickets and food, its just the airfare we didn't particularly want to pay for separately since we already had that money factored into the gift cards for the trip in May. The life of poor college students lol :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
This is precisely the reason that saving for your trip by buying gift cards is not a good idea. There are way too many unforseen events that could cause trips to be canceled. What if a life event causes you to have to cancel the trip and you need to use the money you had saved, like needing a new roof, a new car, etc.?

I get why people do it, but there are just too many variables at play for me.

Upvote 0

disneyrcks

This is precisely the reason that saving for your trip by buying gift cards is not a good idea. There are way too many unforseen events that could cause trips to be canceled. What if a life event causes you to have to cancel the trip and you need to use the money you had saved, like needing a new roof, a new car, etc.

I get why people do it, but there are just too many variables at play for me.

Good point. We were actually considering doing the Disney gift card thing but you stated a very important con.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Good point. We were actually considering doing the Disney gift card thing but you stated a very important con.

I suggest setting up some sort of free savings account somewhere and just depositing money into that. If you do direct deposit for work, most companies will let you deposit different amounts to different accounts so you can do it automatically. By doing this you have the cash somewhere separate so you can accumulate for the trip, but if something dire should happen the cash is on hand.

Upvote 0

disneyrcks

I suggest setting up some sort of free savings account somewhere and just depositing money into that. If you do direct deposit for work, most companies will let you deposit different amounts to different accounts so you can do it automatically. By doing this you have the cash somewhere separate so you can accumulate for the trip, but if something dire should happen the cash is on hand.

Good suggestion. A seperate regular savings account would work well, especially since we can just have a certain amount directly deposited. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Good suggestion. A seperate regular savings account would work well, especially since we can just have a certain amount directly deposited. Thanks!

I do this. A small portion of my check always goes into my "Way 2 Save" account (I bank with Wells Fargo). In addition that amount, every time I use my debit card, $1 automatically gets transferred there from my checking account. Using these two strategies, the money in there can add up VERY quickly, given that it's not uncommon for me to use my debit card 10 times a day.

Upvote 0

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
All very true ^ . I went to the Disney store though and was able to return one of the gift cards. We had two $500 ones so far, so now we're all set to pay for airfare and tickets :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom