Is it just me, or do the magic band selections...

JIMINYCR

There have been some selections that have been nicely decorated and worth choosing. However there have been many that .. yes...makes you wonder why anyone would want them. There have been some that were limited and should have been made available long term.

Michaelson

May I ask a REALLY stupid question to those who know better? Can you just purchase the magic band insert to replace a dead one in an existing band?

I have an existing and old Haunted Mansion band that I like and use when at the parks, but wondered once the new one dies if I'm forced to replace it, or can purchase a new insert?

Thanks!
Regards! Michaelson

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
May I ask a REALLY stupid question to those who know better? Can you just purchase the magic band insert to replace a dead one in an existing band?

I have an existing and old Haunted Mansion band that I like and use when at the parks, but wondered once the new one dies if I'm forced to replace it, or can purchase a new insert?

Thanks!
Regards! Michaelson
I believe the actual inserts on MagicBand 2s are removable, so yes it should be possible.

Edit: I misread the question. It is possible to do, but you'd need to purchase a whole band.

CaptainAmerica

Thanks!
Regards! Michaelson
You'll have to buy a whole band, but then you can swap the disc out, yeah.

CaptainAmerica

I was really pleased with this one.

1621008942311.png

Weather_Lady

If you're talking about the ones you can pre-order on MDE at a discount, yes.

I check them every couple of weeks to see what's new, and the selections are abysmal and boring. I even offered to buy the family new ones from that discounted list, and after taking a look, they said "no thanks," that they'd rather use their bands from February 2020, which still bear adhesive decals from the "Magic Your Band" website (a third-party site that sells Magic Band skins) that they picked out 2 years ago.

Michaelson

Thanks to everyone who answered my question. That's good to know, as the Haunted Mansion bands were limited editions, so if I can put in one of the inserts from a less expensive band, well and good.

MUCH appreciated for the info! :)

Regards! Michaelson

CaptainAmerica

ppete1975

i havent been paying attention for awhile, has the selection gotten that bad.. i know at one time they made one for just about everything possible as the new cash cow. It wasnt pin trading but seemed it was getting close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom