Is it just me or are MagicBands 2.0 bigger?

rufio

Original Poster
I am a pretty petite (but fully grown pushing-30 adult) person and I've always worn my magic band hooked with one hole in the colored part of the band and one in the gray (example here), but it was still totally comfortable. I've noticed with MagicBand 2.0 they're SUPER loose and to get them tight, I'm literally looping the thing all the way around my arm (example here) and it feels super awkward. I'm thinking I'm just going to have to pop out the middle like a little kid... which is kind of irritating when you buy a limited edition band. I want to have the gray surround like a grown up! :hilarious: Seriously though, any idea why this changed?

correcaminos

I am a pretty petite (but fully grown pushing-30 adult) person and I've always worn my magic band hooked with one hole in the colored part of the band and one in the gray (example here), but it was still totally comfortable. I've noticed with MagicBand 2.0 they're SUPER loose and to get them tight, I'm literally looping the thing all the way around my arm (example here) and it feels super awkward. I'm thinking I'm just going to have to pop out the middle like a little kid... which is kind of irritating when you buy a limited edition band. I want to have the gray surround like a grown up! :hilarious: Seriously though, any idea why this changed?
I just remove the puck and put it on a keychain. They are very large! I took these pics a while ago to show others how big they are on me. I actually would remove the edge completely and used the bottom 3 holes on the small one.

UPtGnUO.jpg

DwlAHeC.jpg

wL7lpQH.jpg

RememberWhen

With the old style I would cut off the excess band with scissors since I didn't like the look of the kid bracelet. We did that with our son's too. I assume it would also work with the new ones.

correcaminos

Admittedly I obviously just made mine sparkly so no one thought it was a 'kid's style' I got lots of compliments on it. The new one you can also cut the edges off but I agree they are massive. I mean it looks ridiculous on my hands. The keychain clips to my tiny cross body bag or if I happen to be wearing shorts, to a belt loop. Easy peasy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom